Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is not the first time its happened, and I asked POLITELY last time who did it, and got no response, so here it is again

I posted yesterday a for sale advert, I placed one before about 6 weeks ago for the same item, let it run, and did one again yesterday as I dont want to "HAMMER" the forums with the same thing, once a month is enough

The item for sale was a 2 DVD set of Audi Manuals, ELSAWIN and some other bits and bobs

The post has been deleted, and as last time, whichever GOD LIKE PERSON who did it has done so without even politely telling me why its been done

I have been on forums before where some of the moderators seem to think they own the fucking place, they treat some people with the same sort of respect that you would treat dog shit, and as a result people leave as fast as they joined!

I let it go last time, even though I was extremely miffed that whoever had done it couldn't even be bothered to drop me a 30 sec PM to tell me why. I asked who had done it, and NO ONE had the fucking BALLS to admit it, but this time I would like some fucking explanation

If you are an Admin or a Moderator on this forums, one would expect that you acted like a mature sensible adult, and as I said in a previous post, if I have done something wrong, no worries, but I DO EXPECT someone to have the DECENCY to explain there actions to me, if you cannot be BOTHERED to explain, you should NOT be an Admin or Moderator, you don't deserve the respect or the hat that goes with the job

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Is it a set of original disks which I believe cost big money or a copy ?

If it's a pirate copy you have your answer there mate and I'm not really sure what the problem is ?

I download loads of films shall I start knocking them out for a couple of quid in the for sale section ?

Pepperami said:
Im doing them for a fiver posted :)

Paypal gift if anyone wants a set
Come on mate what are you actually moaning about that the mods have deleted your advert trying to sell pirate copies :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
Looks like James has beat me to the answer. Although 'twas not me who deleted it

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got them from a well known auction site for £7.00 and thought I could do some of the forums guys a favour, is it copies of the originals? Dont know, haven't seen the originals so couldnt tell you

You download films? Well see if you can find what I have to download because I couldnt hence me trying to do the guys on here a small favour if anyone wanted them, so my apologies

Dont see what the problem is?

All I would like is a FUCKING REASON as to why its been done instead of if just BEING DONE and no one bothering to tell you, its called MANNERS have you heard of them?

"Come on mate what are you actually moaning about that the mods have deleted your advert trying to sell pirate copies :lol: :lol: "

Did you read my post fully?

Again, if I have done something wrong, no worries, but an explanation would be nice, any twat can push a dellete button, but a mature adult with job of being a moderator would, one would have thought, taken the time to fire of a PM to you

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
How did you acquire the items you are trying to sell? Perhaps for illegal down loads the burned them to DVD ?
The only reason I could see your item being deleted is for copyright infringement. And if that is the case your lucky they haven't notified the police which they are well with n thier rights do do so , to protect the forum.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1sttt said:
How did you acquire the items you are trying to sell? Perhaps for illegal down loads the burned them to DVD ?
The only reason I could see your item being deleted is for copyright infringement. And if that is the case your lucky they haven't notified the police which they are well with n thier rights do do so , to protect the forum.
Just a thought.
It says in the reply above where they were obtained from, you didnt read it either?

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Pepperami said:
I got them from a well known auction site for £7.00 and thought I could do some of the forums guys a favour, is it copies of the originals? Dont know, haven't seen the originals so couldnt tell you

You download films? Well see if you can find what I have to download because I couldnt hence me trying to do the guys on here a small favour if anyone wanted them, so my apologies

Dont see what the problem is?

All I would like is a FUCKING REASON as to why its been done instead of if just BEING DONE and no one bothering to tell you, its called MANNERS have you heard of them?
No offence are you just plain dumb or what ?

The FUCKING REASON (your words not mine) is that you are selling something that isn't yours.

If the forum owner allowed this it would leave them liable.

Give me your paypal ID and I will send you 10p to go out and buy a brain. :wink:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL fuck it, forget it, two replies, and both people obviously didnt read my post fully, they "SKIMMED" it and read what they wanted to read, then replied lol

Says it all...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look, agreed, not the brightest thing to do maybe, and I agree 100% if its illegal, it should have been deleted, I get it ok, and as I have said, SEVERAL TIMES, not a problem

BUT

It is really TOO MUCH to ask that if a post or thread is deleted, someone might actually send a reason, whether the original posted KNOWS if was a little "dodgy" or not is irrelevant, the point I was trying to make is that there are so many other places out there where the mods just act like complete cunts, this place is im glad to say not like that at all (apart from Kaz and his sense of humour, or sarcasm, not sure which lol) but it just pisses me off when things like this happen, not once now but twice

Ive been an Admin before I had a forums running for 5 years, and ive had this discussion with Mods before as well, EVERY FORUMS has that little section hidden from the USER where Mods can discuss things behind closed doors

I KNOW the person that deleted my topic will read this, I KNOW the person that did it before read my posts asking who it was, probably had chats about it behind closed doors, and still couldnt be decent enough to drop me a line

anyways, lunchtime

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Well he has got a point about threads being deleted with no reason given (although in this case the reason is pretty obvious as it doesn't adhere to the rules).

However, kmpowell started a thread here along the lines of 'When are you going to get rid of him?' and I amongst others responded. The next time I had an email notification of a response I went to look it was gone. Actually I was told 'You are not authorised to read this forum'...

Okay, it was maybe deleted by a mod for a very valid reason. But some notification and reason for doing so (even by changing the thread title) would be useful and prevent the inevitable questions being raised in new threads such as this.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was my point exactly, if I've posted something thats not allowed, fine, delete it, I just think that mods shouldn't be allowed to just delete stuff with no reasons given

Its not as though there are HUNDREDS of posts on here EVERY DAY that have to be deleted, one or two at most one would think, so is it really asking too much?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Pepperami said:
1sttt said:
Just a thought.
It says in the reply above where they were obtained from, you didnt read it either?
No I haven't read your second post yet and yes I did read your first . I answered your first post and then went else were you must have posted it while I was writing my response to the first post . Don't be a dick to some one that is telling you why your post was deleted.or maybe why.

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
rustyintegrale said:
Well he has got a point about threads being deleted with no reason given (although in this case the reason is pretty obvious as it doesn't adhere to the rules).

However, kmpowell started a thread here along the lines of 'When are you going to get rid of him?' and I amongst others responded. The next time I had an email notification of a response I went to look it was gone. Actually I was told 'You are not authorised to read this forum'...

Okay, it was maybe deleted by a mod for a very valid reason. But some notification and reason for doing so (even by changing the thread title) would be useful and prevent the inevitable questions being raised in new threads such as this.
I would have thought the OP realised he had dug a big hole and asked for it to go "walkies"

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Pepperami said:
Am I dumb.... lol... this coming from someone that puts on the forums he downloads films from the internet LOL thats fucking classic
And this comes from someone who try's and sells knockoff items on a forum . Ummmm pot kettle black me thinks.

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
jamman said:
rustyintegrale said:

I would have thought the OP realised he had dug a big hole and asked for it to go "walkies"
Not at all - I want it public, and I stand by everything I wrote. Unfortunately John-H wants it out of view, so I have no choice.

As for the OP of this thread expecting a PM for his dumb actions... well, the mods do this in their spare time. They do not have time to PM every person who breaks the rules. 99% of mod work goes unseen, so if a dialogue is opened every time a stupid person such as the OP (who can't understand why selling bootleg stuff contravenes the forum rules) needs their actions dealt with, then all it results is in a continuous tit for tat round of PMs. Multiply that for every action and a mod will spend hours answering PMs. It's nothing to do with being rude, it's to do with not being able to educate pork.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
kmpowell said:
jamman said:
rustyintegrale said:

Not at all - I want it public, and I stand by everything I wrote. Unfortunately John-H wants it out of view, so I have no choice.

As for the OP of this thread expecting a PM for his dumb actions... well, the mods do this in their spare time. They do not have time to PM every person who breaks the rules. 99% of mod work goes unseen, so if a dialogue is opened every time a stupid person such as the OP (who can't understand why selling bootleg stuff contravenes the forum rules) needs their actions dealt with, then all it results is in a continuous tit for tat round of PMs. Multiply that for every action and a mod will spend hours answering PMs. It's nothing to do with being rude, it's to do with not being able to educate pork.
:p

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
:? KM powell says " It's nothing to do with being rude, it's to do with not being able to educate pork." now that's not being rude? come on kevin Lighten up and get off the soap box lol

1 - 20 of 48 Posts