Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
History of MKII TT

Live un-veiling of the car took place in Berlin, Germany in front of the Brandenburg gate on the 6th April 2006. The TT Owners club was kindly invited by Audi UK to attend the event as part of the press day - I'm told it was hard work! The event was also broadcast simultaneously live on the Audi Channel via Sky. The program was in truth, some what painful to watch and not very informative with regards the actual specs and variants to be offered for sale.

Order book opened on the 7th April with first customer deliveries expect in September.
Official Launch date for Europe was 9th Sept, but in reality only the customers that purchased dealer
demo's got cars on this date. Customer Ordered cars took a few weeks longer to turn up.

Four specs for demo cars were available all 3.2s. Details of the specs can be found here.
http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... demo+specs

Audi delayed the introduction of key options for the UK, so some customers experienced long waits depending
on the specs they had ordered. See the options lists for details of what options were delayed and when they
became available. Pictures of most, if not all the colours can be found here along with some exclusive colours.
http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... hp?t=77841

TT Models in the MKII Range.
Body styles
Coupe and Roadsters

Engines
Petrol
1.8T 160bhp (from MY10) 20T 200bhp, 20T 272bhp (TTS from MY09) 3.2VR6, 2.5 340bhp (TTRS from MY10)
Diesel
20 TDI (from MY09)

Cutaway View of a 3.2 MKII TT

Cutaway view of a MKII TT RS

Pictures of the engines along with the gearbox options.
20T 200bhp version

Power Graph

3.2 VR6 250bhp

Power Graph

FSI (20T only)
FSI® direct injection technology increases the torque and power of spark-ignition engines, makes
them as much as 15 percent more economical and reduces exhaust emissions. In contrast to
conventional intake manifold injection on conventional spark-ignition engines, FSI® engines inject
fuel directly into the combustion chambers. This technology dispenses with the throttle plate. That
'unthrottles' the engine, reduces heat loss and thus increases output while reducing fuel consumption.

The system uses two charge-air supply modes: direct charge at partial load and homogeneous operation
at full load. In the durect charge mode, an combustible fuel-air mixture is only produced in a defined zone
around the spark plug. The engine management electronics monitor engine load and adjust injection
timing, pressure, quantity parameters as well as the air flow inside the cylinder via the air intake channel.
At full load, FSI® increases compression as well as engine efficiency and performance.

2.5 FSI 340bhp
Ultra compact, and weighing in at a low 183kg, the successor to the five-cylinder, 200PS-plus turbo charged petrol engine that delivered premier league power with a famously charismatic engine note in the rally-bred quattro road cars of the Eighties blends that same unmistakeable acoustic character with performance and economy that epitomises the modern day Audi RS.

Engine cut away view

Cutaway view of 2.0 TDI 170bhp

TDI
In TDI® engines equipped with the common rail system, all cylinders are located on a single high-pressure
rail. In this high-pressure rail, constant pressure is generated, fuel stored and fed to the injectors. The
injection rate and point of injection are controlled via piezo injectors together with the engine management.
Under this system, a series of piezo injectors use electrical charge to control precisely the amount of fuel
injected into the engine. As well as reducing noise, this allows combustion to happen at a lower temperature,
with less oxygen, which cuts down emissions. In fact, it means that the new 2.0 TDI engine already complies with the proposed EU 5 emission limits planned for 2010.

Engine Summary/Comparision Table

Car Technical specifications Details
20T

TTS

3.2V6

Standard Features
20T/TDI from MY07 - NOW / MY09 - NOW
17" Trapeze Alloy wheels with 225/50 tyres
3 Spoke flat bottom steering wheel
6 Speed Manual
ABS, ESR, ESP include dry-braking the discs in rain.
Brake assist
Cat 1 Alarm
Concert II MP3 CD/Radio 140W 5 Channel Amp
Electrically operated and heated door mirrors
Front, Passenger and side airbags (Passenger air bag can be disabled via a key in glove box)
DIS and car setup functions from the menu system.
Electric front windows
Speed sensitive power steering
Electronic climate control
Twin steel exhaust pipes on the passenger side
Halogen headlights and fog lights in the lower mess grill
Leather/Alcantara seats
Retractable spoiler
seatbelt reminder
Tyre mobility system - no spare
Fuel Tank 55 li.60 litre fuel tank

4WD variants receive the following items in addition to the standard spec
60 litre fuel tank
Quattro four wheel drive
S-tronic is not available on TDI

3.2 Receives the following items in addition to the standard spec. From MY07 - MY10
18" 10 spoke Alloys with 245/40 tyres
Phantom black gloss grill
Dual chrome exhaust pipes (one on each side)
Chrome detailed headlights and darkened rear clusters
Full nappa leather
Heated Seats
Larger brakes
60 litre fuel tank
Quattro four wheel drive

S-line Package From MY08 - NOW (all models excepts TTS)
18 x 9J '5-spoke design' alloy wheels with 245/40R18 tyres
S line Sports suspension
S line embossed front Sports seats. Fine Nappa leather (6-cylinder models); leather/Alcantara (4-cylinder models)
3-spoke S line multi-function leather steering wheel
Black headlining
Short-shift manual gearbox (Manual Only)
Matt-brushed aluminium inlays
Door sill trims with S line badge
S line plates and aluminium loading strip for the boot
Chrome plated tailpipe (for 4-cylinder models)
Centrally integrated bar on the lower side of the front bumper and diffuser insert on the rear bumper (platinum grey)
S line design front and rear bumpers, side grilles and diffusers

S-line SE Package (£650) additional features to S-line From MY10 - MY12
19 x 9J '7 twin-spoke titanium look' design alloy wheels
Symphony radio
Bluetooth interface
BOSE Surround Sound system

Black Edition (£1250 extra over Sline) additional features to S-line From MY12 - NOW
19 x 9J '7 twin-spoke titanium look' design alloy wheels
Symphony radio
Bluetooth interface
BOSE Surround Sound system
Black styling package - radiator grille-frame in highly polished black, with radiator grille and number plate holder in matt black. Also includes matt black fog light surrounds and door handles in body colour
Privacy glass

1.8 Sport and Sline added to coupe model range From MY12 - NOW

TTS model equipment - In addition to 3.2 quattro models From MY08 - NOW:
18 x 9J '5 parallel-spoke' design alloy wheels with 245/40R18 tyres
Audi magnetic ride - 'S' version - 10mm lower ride height
Silk Nappa leather upholstery - two-tone with seat centres in Silver, Magma red or Signal orange.
ESP - with Sport mode
Xenon Plus headlights with LED daytime-driving lights and headlight washer system
TTS enhanced braking system with black painted brake callipers with TTS logo
Extended leather package - black with decorative stitching to match seat centres
Front floor mats with leather piping to match seat centres
Instrument dials in grey with white illumination and TTS logo
Leather and aluminium gear knob with TTS logo
Matt-brushed aluminium interior detailing
Short-shift manual gearbox
Aluminium-look door mirror housings
'S' Platinum grey grille with double vertical chrome struts andTTS badge
Scuff plates with TTS logo
Sports exhaust system with twin exhaust pipes on left and right-hand side in chrome rolled finish
TTS body styling - re-styled front and rear bumpers and side sill extensions

RS model equipment - In addition to 3.2 quattro models From MY10 - NOW
18 x '5-double spoke' design alloy wheel
TTRS Sports suspension with dynamically tuned spring/damper combination and modified responsiveness
Sports seats in Silk Nappa leather with constrasting stiching
TTRS 18" high-performance braking system. Diagonally split, anti-lock (ABS) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBS), hydraulic brake assist, adapted brake booster characteristics, front brake discs in composite design, ventilated rear discs, black painted brake callipers (ventilated and drilled), with RS logo on front callipers
Xenon Plus headlights with LED daytime-running lights and headlight washer system
Matt-brushed aluminium interior detailing
Black perforated leather handbrake grip, centre console armrest in Fine Nappa leather with contrasting stitching, door handles in Fine Nappa leather.
Driver's Information System (DIS) with additional functionality: oil pressure, lap timer and turbo boost pressure
Extended leather package - black with Silver stiching
Front floor mats with leather Silver piping
Instrument dials in grey with white illumination and TTRS logo
Perforated leather and aluminium gear knob with TTRS logo
Short-shift manual gearbox
TTRS multi-function steering wheel 3-spoke, perforated leather 'flat-bottomed' steering wheel with TTRS badge
Sport button in the centre console - pressing the button alters the throttle response and exhaust valve control to get more from the engine, as well as changing the damper characteristics of Audi magnetic ride (if ordered) for more dynamic suspension tuning
Aluminium-look door mirror housings
Grille in high-gloss black diamond design with one-piece decorative trim frame in matt aluminium look
Scuff plates with TTRS logo
Sill extensions
TTRS front and rear bumpers
Twin oval exhaust tailpipe

Pictures of the Cars
18 T ( > 2010 )

20T/TDI ( pre 2010)

TTS ( pre 2010)

TTS ( > 2010 onwards)

TTRS ( > 2009 onwards)

S line pack ( pre 2010 facelift)

S line ( > 2010 onwards)