Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just finished my first clean and shine of my new (to me) TT Roadster. Too dark now for pics! Under the filler cap it's a travesty - any tips/things to avoid when I come to tackle that job?
Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Hi and welcome to the TTF.

Next time you wash the car very first job open the flap and blast it out with the hose, then get a good soapy sponge in there then blast it out with the hose again. I do this fairly regular and no harm done at all.

Get some pics of your car up for us too see, pics are very [smiley=thumbsup.gif] on here!

Warren.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,558 Posts
Hi Dave, Make sure the drain hole is not blocked, otherwise it can fill up with water & may get into fuel tank.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Hoggy said:
Hi Dave, Make sure the drain hole is not blocked, otherwise it can fill up with water & may get into fuel tank.
Hoggy. :D
Nice one Hoggy, i was lying in bed last night thinking i hope the drain hole isn't blocked after i've just told the op to blast water in there :?

Cheers mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks for the tips guys :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.