·
Banned
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dutch Prices TT-S are announced today:

TT-S: 65.800 euro = 51.792 British Pounds
Standard with manual gearbox.

With DSG the TT-S will cost: 68.455 euro = 53.898 Britisch Pounds

For Example a Porsche Cayman cost in the Netherlands: 67.049 euro = 52.783 British Pounds
And a Lotus Europa cost : 66.603 euro= 52.432 British Pounds

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
£50,000 ?????

·
Banned
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
virtuesoft said:
Screw that, get the Cayman!
Cayman price is from a standard one without any option. I think with some wheels and other options a "normal" cayman will cost easely 60.000 British Pounds.

Don't forget there will also be at least another 1500-2000 pounds for metalic paint and delivery/"get the car on the road"-cost.

So you won't get a TTS with DSG for less than 56000 British pounds over here.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Cheap, you getting one.

·
Banned
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope Tosh. I've already have 240 HP, DSG, MR etc and the car has a very low weight.
So the difference with the TT-S will be minor. Second i don't like the TTS front. I like car's with minimalism lines. The orignal MK2 has them.
TTS has too many curves everywhere. Just a personal flavour.

In the latest version from the "Autovisie" a famous carmagazine is a test with the A5 and the new DSG-gearbox, which is a complete new concept. This DSG (S-tronic) gearbox is so much better than the old version that it drives completly different. They found it excelent.

The more i see the the A5 , the more i like it. It has perfect minimalism lines. My respect goes to the designer's. Specialy with some nice wheels on it, it looks just awesome. I made the mistake in the past once to buy 2 times the same car new (A4) after 2 year's, and i won't do that again.

·
Registered
770 Posts
In Greece the TTs will cost 54000 euros whish is £42.000, and the TTs dsg will cost 57000euros which is £45.000...
Still much cheaper in the UK...
You should be all be buying one! With your price it would cost 42800euros to get one.. Almost 12.000 euros less!!

·
Banned
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indeed Ross. 32.000 pounds instead of 54000 pounds is peanuts for a TT-S.
Even with sagging seat's its cheap.

It's nice you can buy cheap car's in the UK.

But than again , who wants to live there? I certainly don't :wink:

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Troglodyte!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Blimey Rob, that's a bit steep. For a while there I though it was a typo and you were referring to early prices for the TT-RS :?

TTS does seem to make more sense here (well, as much as spending lots of money on any car ever makes sense!), but no idea why it should increase so much for other markets

Are all the other models priced in similar proportion..?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Looking at those Euro price lists Net cost up to consumer price is a staggering uplift - crikey - some serious tax being applied there !

Cant blame you for not wanting to live in the UK Rob, its full of foreigners m8, over-populated and only worth driving a car on the roads in the middle of the night ! 8)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Stealer here in rip off Ireland quoted me €72,000 starting price for a TTS when pricing my TTC. If i had the choice and money think i'd definately go for the Cayman. Sorry.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
It being taken out of context. To relate to the price you need to know what both the average house price is and the average salary.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not so sure bout that tosh. House prices in Holland are only fractionally higher than here in the UK (£187k v £191k) and yet over the last 5 years house prices in the Uk have risen by 90% compared to Holland where they've risen just 38%.

I'm pretty sure the differential has more to do with exchanges rates and national tax rates than any other factor. Could also be that the Dutch are 'an easy touch' and will pay whatever Audi ask? :wink:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
We make up the cost based on Tax and Fuel in the UK :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.