Audi TT Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1251 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
20 and 21 ym have newer versions, but never shared (or at least never found)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well if anyone has it or gets it. Please upload it here. I want to see if I can dig up a few features that I need for my MMI. :)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
which should be the features that cannot be implemented with the 1339 one?

·
Registered
57 Posts
kevin#34 said:
which should be the features that cannot be implemented with the 1339 one?
TLDR: fellow forum member jeebsy updated his MMI. And got "automatic park sensor activation" option. I would like to get that too. Since I want to turn it off. You have no idea how annoying it gets when your park sensor activates during bumper to bumper traffic. Hahaha

237tonybates said:
What new features are on the 20/21
If you are asking about actual features (hardware) of new 20/21. I cant say.

If you are asking what improvements/changes do 20/21 MMI software versions bring. Audi keeps it a secret. A small paper in a secret vault 10km underground. Right next to the map where the real Hitler is hiding. :D

Mokorx said:
The version that come with TT out of factory in 2021 is 1479.
I guess we will just have to wait until someone extracts the update and uploads it for us do download.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I do have the parking sensors and I never experienced this problem (probably because I don't drive often in town?), however what do you mean exactly for "automatic activation" ? mine work always in a kind of "automatic" mode (I mean, I never have to press the button to have them working) :?:

Kenway said:
TLDR: fellow forum member jeebsy updated his MMI. And got "automatic park sensor activation" option. I would like to get that too. Since I want to turn it off. You have no idea how annoying it gets when your park sensor activates during bumper to bumper traffic. Hahaha

·
Registered
57 Posts
kevin#34 said:
I do have the parking sensors and I never experienced this problem (probably because I don't drive often in town?), however what do you mean exactly for "automatic activation" ? mine work always in a kind of "automatic" mode (I mean, I never have to press the button to have them working) :?:
There is an option to turn off the "always on" parking sensors. Since they basically activate if you are going below a certain speed. Which is the usual speed you do when you are in heavy traffic or driving on a cramped street.

It sounds like a good idea. If you live somewhere where you dont have traffic or have the need to squeeze between parked cars in small streets. Otherwise it turns on when you dont need it.

With update to the MMI some cars (jeebsy's for example) get this option to turn on or off this feature. And just have park assistance turn on when you put it in reverse or press the button.

Older MY models dont have this. While newer ones have the feature right from the factory.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I can deactivate parking sensors by just pressing the button (obviously only temporary)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Kenway said:
kevin#34 said:
There is an option to turn off the "always on" parking sensors. Since they basically activate if you are going below a certain speed. Which is the usual speed you do when you are in heavy traffic or driving on a cramped street.

It sounds like a good idea. If you live somewhere where you dont have traffic or have the need to squeeze between parked cars in small streets. Otherwise it turns on when you dont need it.

With update to the MMI some cars (jeebsy's for example) get this option to turn on or off this feature. And just have park assistance turn on when you put it in reverse or press the button.

Older MY models dont have this. While newer ones have the feature right from the factory.
I did this to turn on with my a3 8v so should be the same on the tt .
10 - Park Assist
SaC = 71679
Long coding
Byte 3
Bit 4 = Active

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am looking for someone in the Northwest of England to update my VC. I have updated the MMI from 1133 to 1339. For the rest I do not have the tools - happy to pay someone for their time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
kevin#34 said:
I can deactivate parking sensors by just pressing the button (obviously only temporary)
It comes on every time you drop below 5mph, so if you are in tight traffic then every time you slow down again you need to cancel. Mine did this because of an aftermarket TTRS grill, you'd slow down and then BEEP. Cancel it, move off, slow down, BEEP. It gets really annoying.

@Kenway - hopefully the coding above helps, i had a feeling that even if the option wasn't displayed there would be an option to disable it through coding?

zaf140 said:
I am looking for someone in the Northwest of England to update my VC. I have updated the MMI from 1133 to 1339. For the rest I do not have the tools - happy to pay someone for their time.
Contact North Eat VAG Adaptations. Ryan did my update and would recommend the service

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kenway said:
kevin#34 said:

This feature is already included in 1339.

·
Registered
57 Posts
b22tt said:
This feature is already included in 1339.
I believe you all. Problem is that there is no such feature present in my MMI. With 1339 version :eek: :cry:
No idea how. My friend updated the MMI via his USB. If I go to the MMI info. It will say SW 1339.

If I use OBDEleven it will say: SW 1339 (in the 5F Multimedia module). The only place where it says any different SW is in 37 module (Navigation). Where it says SW 884. Is this normal?

Any ideas? :?

UPDATE:Only fault code I get is "Checking software version management" B201A00- status "static", priority 6.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would it be possible to copy files and flash using a USB storage rather than SD card? If so what would be the mount command to type assuming USB port 2?
Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
zaf140 said:
Would it be possible to copy files and flash using a USB storage rather than SD card? If so what would be the mount command to type assuming USB port 2?
Thanks
No, you can not.

D-link can only communicate with the SD cards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After a successful update of MMI to version 1339, I am now trying to update the VC before attempting flashing.

In the red SW Update menu it lists a lot of items with N/A next to them except FPK where is shows [D] but Start Update item at the bottom is disabled. When I go into FPK it has a further list of items with [D] next to them except gss-inic (2) where it has [N]. Opening a random one, it has 2 things Bootloader (0-> 0) and App (940->800) with empty (tick?) boxes next to them...

I can't seem to find any discussion about how to do this update. Would I need to obtain a one level newer version of the VC update to the one I have first, not sure what mine is MY17 prob 27x something OBD on the way, or do I need to tweak any file of the VC files before attempting?

Thank you

·
Registered
199 Posts
zaf140 said:
After a successful update of MMI to version 1339, I am now trying to update the VC before attempting flashing.

In the red SW Update menu it lists a lot of items with N/A next to them except FPK where is shows [D] but Start Update item at the bottom is disabled. When I go into FPK it has a further list of items with [D] next to them except gss-inic (2) where it has [N]. Opening a random one, it has 2 things Bootloader (0-> 0) and App (940->800) with empty (tick?) boxes next to them...

I can't seem to find any discussion about how to do this update. Would I need to obtain a one level newer version of the VC update to the one I have first, not sure what mine is MY17 prob 27x something OBD on the way, or do I need to tweak any file of the VC files before attempting?

Thank you
The "D" Stands for Downgrade, meaning that you don't need to use the 0296 update (that's expected from a 2017 model as it will have index ending in 790B most likely).

Go ahead with patching (if you've already done the coding, then you should already have the Audi Smartphone Interface icon in your menu)

1181 - 1200 of 1251 Posts