Audi TT Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1251 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
All sorted - I now have Audi Smartphone Interface in the main menu. It wasn't with difficulties though:

Some instructions stated using flashlock command before using flashit, when I did that it would fail saying "read-only file system". So I figured I would use flashunlock command first (programme copied from the same place as flashit). That then worked fine.

Another issue was that the reboot command produced some errors and very numerous lines of attempts to reboot. I lost connection but it wasn't a convincing reboot. As a result the VC would not switch off when I turned the ignition off and opened the door, and also BT connection became "unavailable". Without panicking I reconnected to it and issued a reboot command and it worked well. Finally I enabled CarPlay etc from OBD Eleven.

Thank you very much m4k4r0vbf and everyone else who took their time to contribute to the guides.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
well done! is a quite easy and safe process, when you don't need to update the VC..

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
zaf140 said:
Some instructions stated using flashlock command before using flashit, when I did that it would fail saying "read-only file system". So I figured I would use flashunlock command first (programme copied from the same place as flashit). That then worked fine.
Or as per this post the flashlock command takes a parameter….
Code:
flashlock unlock
or
Code:
flashlock lock
Otherwise flashlock on its own (when the flash is already locked) simply reports the currently locked state.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It looks like my FEC file isn't accepted by the system as all the features within my modified FEC (generated using FECContainerEditor) are seen illegal in the activation keys including my existing BT and Nav features which stopped working.

When I restored my original FEC it brought back BT, Nav and other keys as legal, and these features work but there are quite a few other activation keys which are marked illegal. As for the ASI icon, it appears I have only been able to place it in the menu though enabling by OBD but functionally it does not work as the activations are not done.

I thought I had patched it successfully. In fact I did twice to make sure... I am trying to figure out if my modified FEC was corrupt or the flashing didn't do the work. My VC version is 0325, HW H42... There is a mention of utilising the exceptions text file, is that an option?

Cheers

·
Registered
199 Posts
zaf140 said:
It looks like my FEC file isn't accepted by the system as all the features within my modified FEC (generated using FECContainerEditor) are seen illegal in the activation keys including my existing BT and Nav features which stopped working.

When I restored my original FEC it brought back BT, Nav and other keys as legal, and these features work but there are quite a few other activation keys which are marked illegal. As for the ASI icon, it appears I have only been able to place it in the menu though enabling by OBD but functionally it does not work as the activations are not done.

I thought I had patched it successfully. In fact I did twice to make sure... I am trying to figure out if my modified FEC was corrupt or the flashing didn't do the work. My VC version is 0325, HW H42... There is a mention of utilising the exceptions text file, is that an option?

Cheers
You didn't patch it correctly...VC version is irrelevant as long as you have the ASI icon.

I can help you tomorrow evening if you need. Just PM your Whatsapp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The forum is not letting me send private messages yet.
If you can please message me with your number I will respond by WhatsApp. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kenway said:
Does anyone know how to clear "Checking software version management" B201A00 fault via OBDEleven? :)
There is an adapation in 5F called "conformation of installation change"
It might be worth trying to XOR the current value with C9D2 and then write it back.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
exactly

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can someone help me?

I did as you said and:
1. went to F5 and to the "Instalation Confirmation blabla".
2. In there, there was a value (4-digit number 2061).
3. I entered this value in to the link I provided and it gave me e9b3.
4. I entered the new value back in to the same place where 2061 value was being displayed. (i entered it as it was written with numbers and letters (small caps).
5. Held the accept button to confirm new value.

BUT the old 2061 value did not change to e9b3

·
Registered
199 Posts
Kenway said:
Can someone help me?

I did as you said and:
4. I entered the new value back in to the same place where 2061 value was being displayed. (i entered it as it was written with numbers and letters (small caps).

That's normal. Check the error again, delete it and you'll see that it doesn't come back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
m4k4r0vbf said:
Kenway said:
Can someone help me?

I did as you said and:

That's normal. Check the error again, delete it and you'll see that it doesn't come back.
Thank you! :)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
newest available is 1339, for downloading it just check the latest provided link going back in this topic

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
mhh, probably all expired
😕

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know how to clear "Checking software version management" B201A00 fault via OBDEleven? :)
Hi Mate! 🖐🏻
Here I leave you a post that I published in another forum, where I explain in detail how to erase that error 📝

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a problem, hopefully someone can help me ☺

My friend has a 2016 Audi TT, with these versions 📝:
Unit 5F - MMI:
MHI2_ER_AU43x_P5098 (updated this afternoon)
SW: 1339

Unit 17 - VC:

8S0920790A
SW: 0265
HW: 35

This afternoon they have activated the CarPlay & Android Auto + licenses maps in the car, but the Audi Smartphone Interface icon does not appear on the VC 😔

The values have been changed:
Google_GAL to ON
Apple_DIO to ON
... but it still does not appear on the screen.

Although I connect the cable to the mobile, it does absolutely nothing, neither with an iPhone nor with Android 🥺

1201 - 1220 of 1251 Posts