Audi TT Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1251 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if I need to update the VC SW for it to work? :unsure:

I have located SW 296 of the VC, 8S0 906 961 AE - VC 0296.zip, but I don't know if it is necessary to do something before updating the VC, any advice? 🙄

Could I directly upgrade from 265 to 296 with the SD? :unsure:

·
Registered
9 Posts
This afternoon I tried to update the VC to 296, but it gave me this error at the beginning of the update :(:

Device reporting error FPK: 0 Error Code 142
(3 options to choose from: Retry, Skip, Cancel)

I was scared, and I have canceled the update process :cry:. Does anyone know if this error is normal? How could I fix / update it? :unsure:

·
Registered
230 Posts
This afternoon I tried to update the VC to 296, but it gave me this error at the beginning of the update :(:

Device reporting error FPK: 0 Error Code 142
(3 options to choose from: Retry, Skip, Cancel)

I was scared, and I have canceled the update process :cry:. Does anyone know if this error is normal? How could I fix / update it? :unsure:
Once you hit start update place the remote key to the proxomity area for reading remote key on side of steering wheel. The update wants to make sure that you have the remote key.

Hand Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ohh, thank you so much for the information! 👏 @Mokorx

I read about that error in the first post, but I didn't quite understand what to do, but seeing the photo, I understood.

- Do you know if I can upgrade directly from SW 265 to SW 296 from SD like I was doing this afternoon? 🤔

- It is that in older versions of the VC, it is not possible to go directly to 296, right? 🥺

- After the update, would the Audi Smartphone Interface icon appear in the VC? 🤞

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ohh, thank you so much for the information! 👏 @Mokorx

I read about that error in the first post, but I didn't quite understand what to do, but seeing the photo, I understood.

- Do you know if I can upgrade directly from SW 265 to SW 296 from SD like I was doing this afternoon? 🤔

- It is that in older versions of the VC, it is not possible to go directly to 296, right? 🥺

- After the update, would the Audi Smartphone Interface icon appear in the VC? 🤞
It is the hardware that limit the update.

8S0920790 Cannot update to 296 without special intervention

8S090270A can be update to 296 using conventional method. This hardware started on TT out of factory 04/2015 (look on your VIN label)

One caution, you need to make sure you use a known good SD card error from bad area of SD card could cause failure if the firmware is written to bad area.

After update Audi smartphone will not appear on VC until you code 5F on Apple DIO & Google GAL plus reset your MIB2 5F.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is the hardware that limit the update.

8S0920790 Cannot update to 296 without special intervention

8S090270A can be update to 296 using conventional method. This hardware started on TT out of factory 04/2015 (look on your VIN label)

One caution, you need to make sure you use a known good SD card error from bad area of SD card could cause failure if the firmware is written to bad area.

After update Audi smartphone will not appear on VC until you code 5F on Apple DIO & Google GAL plus reset your MIB2 5F.
Thanks again! 👏

This is the complete information with the reference and SW and HW versions of Unit 17:

Since you have the reference ending in A, could i update the VC from the current 265 to the 296 from the SD right? :unsure:

After the update, no current configuration or parameters of the VC are lost, right?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks again! 👏

This is the complete information with the reference and SW and HW versions of Unit 17:

Since you have the reference ending in A, could i update the VC from the current 265 to the 296 from the SD right? :unsure:

After the update, no current configuration or parameters of the VC are lost, right?
Thanks again! 👏

Yes, you can update from 265 to 296 with 8S0920790A.

Configuration and paramters will be intact on VC after update.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, you can update from 265 to 296 with 8S0920790A.

Configuration and paramters will be intact on VC after update.

Cheers
Thanks a lot Mate! 👏

Great! 👌
I will try to update the VC this weekend, so I hope the update is completed without problems and after this, then you see the Audi Smartphone Interface icon and the CarPlay & Android Auto works ☺

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Mokorx
I already have everything updated and activated! 🥳

This weekend, I tried again to update the VC, bringing the remote key closer to the steering wheel and the process finished successfully! 😎

Thank you very much for the help and the quick responses! 👏

·
Registered
9 Posts
After the update, I got several errors in the VC like the speed regulator and the TPMS were not available :rolleyes:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design Speedometer

I did a full autoscan with the OBDeleven and 46 errors appeared :oops:.

But after erasing the errors, driving about 10 minutes with the car and restarting the MMI, everything was perfect and clean of errors! 🤩

·
Registered
11 Posts
For people with Letterless (no A) I can vouch for Loren87 on Telegram.
He did a great job for 100€, no problem at all..
Great / open way to communicate. Apparently form Spain (even if I wouldn't 100% count on it...)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quick question regarding the MMI update to 1339.
I followed the instructions. But, I noticed that my 5F module says SW 1339 while the Navigation module still shows my old SW 884.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If anyone does any OBDeleven scanning in near future. If you can remember to just see what SW version is shown in your 5F vs your Navigation module. And report the results to me either here or PM me :)

Greatly appreciated and no rush :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
If anyone does any OBDeleven scanning in near future. If you can remember to just see what SW version is shown in your 5F vs your Navigation module. And report the results to me either here or PM me :)

Greatly appreciated and no rush :)
My TT only has 5F Multimedia when scan with OBDeleven. Can you take picture of your scan of Navigation module?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Mokorx,
Not sure what you mean by "picture of your SCAN of Nav module". I prepared you my phone's screen shots that show Navigation module in detail. I hope this helps :)
Automotive lighting Sports equipment Product Automotive tire Hood

1st row of module info

2nd row of info Nav module
In this one you can see it shows Software version as 884

And finally the 5F Media module, showing 1339 SW.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Guys yesterday I did the update with the LOREN87. This guy is just magical. In a short time he has done this delicate job (from 218 to 295) and with a small amount of $ ... I recommend Loren 100% !! first the image with old system and then after update with the ASI icon and the unit selection mode in rev. Everything works fine.

Jacopo

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
You can see in the last one how Navigation module shows 884 vs 1339 SW of the 5f media module
Kenway

My TT MY 2018 does not have Naviagation module address 37. Just have multimedia module address 5F only. I have not seen any TT that unit 37 pop up when scan with OBD11 or ODIS.

By the way is your car a TT eventhough the hw and sw number indicate 8S0 which is TT MK3! There are a few module on your scan that I never see on my TT (2B steering lock). My TT just have 16 steering column.

Light Product Black Font Automotive design

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hello friends. Someone of you, after update @ 295 or above, have tried to gain android auto/carplay wireless?

Here is the instruction:
Adaptation

Control unit: 5F Information Control Unit

Name: Vehicle configuration

Values:

Google_GAL_Wireless:

Old value: Off

New value: On

wlan_5ghz_switch:

Old value: Not activated

New value: activated

Apple_DIO_Wireless:

Old value: Off

New value: On

Or we need a dongle to gain the wireless mode?

Jacopo

1221 - 1240 of 1251 Posts