Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:x

Absolutely gutted, been looking forward to claying my car for the first time then giving it a good polish, wax and sealant this weekend and what happens.............
................. it starts pissing it down just as I get into it!!!

This is as far as I got before the heavens opened!

Dirty car

Washed and dried

And thats as far as I got!

There's still a good part of the day left so maybe it will clear up and I can continue??? :?

Fingers crossed! :roll:

Steve.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Fair play to you for even cleaning on a grim day like this!

Looks very clean bud good luck with the clay bar, remember dont rub it with any power just glide it over :wink:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys, managed to clay it off (pics shortly)

but now its raining again!!! AAAAARRRGGH!!!

How bad is it to leave it unprotected like this till I get the weather to polish and wax it? Concerned about all my good work going to waste now as I can't get chance to wax it and protect it!

What to do?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok panic over, managed to get a decent coat of wax on inbetween shower spells so all is well again!!!

Really happy with the results! Was amazed to see the amount of shite the clay pulled out of the paint!!! :eek: Virtually every panel I did left the clay a yucky brown colour with little bits in it!!! I am a definate convert to claying!

I'm happy the single coat of wax I got on will keep until next week when I can give her the full polish, wax and seal I wanted to do today. :? Also going to detail the door, boot and bonnet shuts and hinges as well as they look a bit tired after the winter.

Then the week after that, I'm hoping to take the wheels off, polish, wax and seal them inside and out and paint my calipers. :wink:

Then the week after that, do the interior and treat it to some liquid leather restoration! Its a laborious job, but the missus aint gonna do it is she! :roll:

Anyway, here's the results, light was getting poor and only manged one coat of wax, so not sure the pics do her justice, but I'm happy! :p :p :p

Steve.

·
Registered
284 Posts
TeeTees said:
Looks schweet 8) 8)

Nice work, but one tip - don't use the clay on the number plates....you can see the results in the pics :p :wink:
LMAO :!: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.