Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive had the TT for a few weeks now so its time to post some more pics (now that Ive got her up to standard and done some minor mods).

I started off givng it a good wash everywhere, inside door sills, boot sills, bonnet sills, wheel arches etc. Used AG engine cleaner on a damp cloth to clean under the bonnet and all the plastics.
Then followed up by the claying of a life time! There was so much crud stuck to the paint, loads of tree sap, tar, bird **** etc but it all came off with enough elbow grease.
Next another wash followed by AG super resin polish, AG extra gloss protection, meg’s carnuba wax.
Interior cleaned, vacumed, plastics dressed, leather cleaned and treated, new poppy coral and AG auto freshed.
Wheels cleaned, clayed and wheel waxed. Tyres dressed and all exterior plastics/rubbers dressed.

Ive popped on a V6 rear vallance which looks much better.
Wak’ed mah box...
And fitted LED side lights, side repeaters, interior lights and rear number plate lights.

Anyway pics...

LED side lights

LED number plate lights

How the F$%# do I get this ex-spider out of my headlight? :evil:

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Nice pictures mate. Did you just hand polish it? What did you use to clean dash and plastics?

As for the spider I think (and I'm no expert) that you would need to split the headlight. Thats bumper off, heat gun etc

Have fun :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers :p

Yeah its just hand polished for now might give it a going over with a rotary one day. If the rain goes away long enough!

Plastics were just cleaned with damp soapy cloth then armoural dash wipes. exterior plastics with AG bumper care.

p.s bummer about the spider :evil:

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
RichMcc said:
Cheers :p

Yeah its just hand polished for now might give it a going over with a rotary one day. If the rain goes away long enough!

Plastics were just cleaned with damp soapy cloth then armoural dash wipes. exterior plastics with AG bumper care.

p.s bummer about the spider :evil:
Hi Rich
Now its all shiney i bet you cant wait to show it off 8) , why dont you come along to the next South Wales meet , its a combined one with the Midlands lot 8) so lots of TT's to look at

Have a look here http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... p?t=109529

bring the spider along for the trip aswell :wink:

Mark

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
get a small lenght of tubing eg silicone tubing and attach it to a hoover nozzel then remove a bulb and insert it into the headlight and wiggle it around then suck it up to the end of the tube , it might not get sucked up the tube (depending on how thick the tube is) but it should remain stuck to the end of the tube , all you do then is withdraw the tube with the sider stuck to it
Nice pics BTW :)

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
very nice

what's on underneath the bonnet? the black bits?

as for the spider seems a good excuse to go vist Was

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
PissTT said:
p1tse said:
very nice

what's on underneath the bonnet? the black bits?

as for the spider seems a good excuse to go vist Was
I think it is sound proofing... I have it on mine...
Yep , got it on mine too ,

i think they stopped putting it in after 2002

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.