Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just a quickie. How easy is it to fit new front discs and pads? Do I need any special tools or anything else apart from the discs and pads themselves?

cheers

Lee

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Impact screwdriver for removing disks or you maybe lucky and get away with penetrating spray and a screwdriver, but you need a wind-back tool for the rear calliper's deffo. Cheap enough off the bay, I have one brand New as it didn't turn up in time and borrowed one from work.

Remember to remove the brake fluid cap and use a syringe and take some fluid out into a clean container, as when you push the pistons in the fluid will rise and overflow :(

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Unless your reservoir is at the brim you shouldn't have a problem with overflowing.

Process of removing them is fairly simple, but they can be stuck on hard. I had a mechanic friend do mine, and I'm glad I did, as it would have taken me forever to find all the screws and get everything on and off in the right order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.