Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at this mod for some time now. I wonder what LED strip Naresh and Wak has used? Anyone know of any other that looks good please post.

I have searched for older posts, but couldn't find any.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Waterdale said:
I've been looking at this mod for some time now. I wonder what LED strip Naresh and Wak has used? Anyone know of any other that looks good please post.

I'm wondering too because neither myself or Wak fit LED's to the headlamps. :roll:
Mine go in the lower grills and Was makes a custom version almost identical to OEM. In my opinion for the headlamps you can't get better than the version that Was sells.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Naresh said:
Waterdale said:

I'm wondering too because neither myself or Wak fit LED's to the headlamps. :roll:
Mine go in the lower grills and Was makes a custom version almost identical to OEM. In my opinion for the headlamps you can't get better than the version that Was sells.
LOL

I agree with Naresh that the option that Was supplies is unbeatable. Was himself came and did a presentation at the last MK TTOC which was last Wednesday and brought with him some examples of his handiwork and the quality of what he produces is astonishing - the effort, craftmanship and research that goes into everything he does is second to none.

You will not regret getting anything from Was and he is a thoroughly nice chap too :) I myself am awaiting one of his creations as we speak, as having seen the quality of the numberplate light conversion that he creates I simply could not resist :)

PM him for more details

Charlie

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha! :oops: It's been a while since I've seen your TT Naresh and I could svear you had leds, but hey!
I also seen on wak-TT he had them fitted, not sure it was he's TT though, it's a while since I saw it.

So Was is the man to talk to yes. Thanks :D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
hehe its only coz its the single most posted link on this site and I was just looking at them at the time I saw this post.

And its Mr Pedanto to you.... :lol:

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
thanks for your comments guys :)

Waterdale said:
I wonder what LED strip Naresh and Wak has used?
I make my DRLs (as seen on Waks TT) from scratch, they are not 'off the shelf' LED strips :)

The LEDs are mounted on a metal frame which has a flexible circuit board attached to it :

drop me a PM if you need any further info :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm new on the TT scene as only got it last week and since then spent most of the daylight hours washing and polishing :mrgreen: Its looking good.During the night spent my time surfing around this place building a list of mods, once the salary comes in this month.
I must admit that a remap is top closely followed by these drls they look the dogs 8). Just checked out waks site, can feel the wallet opening for the front and rears 8)

Who else has these fitted
Stu

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
swfblade said:
hehe its only coz its the single most posted link on this site and I was just looking at them at the time I saw this post.

And its Mr Pedanto to you.... :lol:
It's biiiiatch to me I was just being polite in front of the forum :)

Stuart if you try a search you will probably get a huge amount of pics with who has them, they are even better in the "flesh" :)

Charlie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Charlie said:
Stuart if you try a search you will probably get a huge amount of pics with who has them, they are even better in the "flesh" :)

Charlie
Charlie, found a few showing off the front...not so many on the rear, anyone?
Hey found the other mods you suggested, I take it you can supply the ignition mod, if so I'll take 2 incase the first one wears out :p
Stu

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
was said:
thanks for your comments guys :)

Waterdale said:
I wonder what LED strip Naresh and Wak has used?
I make my DRLs (as seen on Waks TT) from scratch, they are not 'off the shelf' LED strips :)

The LEDs are mounted on a metal frame which has a flexible circuit board attached to it :

drop me a PM if you need any further info :)
Thanks for the pics and info. I'm still concidering it.. been thinking of stop doing mods though. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
was said:
Waterdale said:
.. been thinking of stop doing mods though. :)
good luck with that one :lol:
Haha, thanks! They look so tempting though. It's a nice piece of work 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there guys - Im new here - I need some advice

I'm thinking of contacting Was to get a drl put in my headlights - however I have a question

is this whole SWITCHBACK thing legal? I mean if I get this modification - will my MOT fail?

The whole switchback process - are there any regulations I need to stick to?

Also I cant get in touch with was on his contact section of his website?

Please help! Cheers :)

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
JohnBoy7 said:
Hi there guys - Im new here - I need some advice

I'm thinking of contacting Was to get a drl put in my headlights - however I have a question

is this whole SWITCHBACK thing legal? I mean if I get this modification - will my MOT fail?

Switchback??? Mine passed its MOT no issues.

The whole switchback process - are there any regulations I need to stick to?

Also I cant get in touch with was on his contact section of his website?
PM sent

Please help! Cheers :)
Stunning mod. Not cheap, but Was is a star and a gentleman. His mod is first class and true to OEM standards and looks.
Brian

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.