Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my VAG-COM arrived today and I had a little play with stuff - got the horn beep with alarm activated, then I came upon an odd setting:
Apologies if this has already been posted...
The Sound System (J525) coding. Bit 7 00xxxx? allows setting according to the interior of the car. Mine was 00xxxx7 which is for Right-Hand-Drive/Leather/Gasoline. I changed it to 00xxxx5 which is for RHD/Cloth/Gasoline and the bass tone came booming out. It's now too much to have the bass on full. If you set 00xxxx1 which is for RHD/Cloth/Diesel then, for me the bass is too much.

At last, my sound system is perfect. :p

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Excuse my ignorance - what is the VAG-COM? I desperately want my stereo to justify the extra I spent on the Bose system. At the moment, I feel entirely ripped off!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,674 Posts
graTT58 said:
Excuse my ignorance - what is the VAG-COM? I desperately want my stereo to justify the extra I spent on the Bose system. At the moment, I feel entirely ripped off!

Thanks!
vag-com is the pc based diagnostic software for VAG cars

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
I dont quite understand what the cloth/petrol - cloth/diesel have to do with the stereo?? confuses the hell out of me to be honest....

However, if its that good i will buy vag com just for this.. as others have said.. in the TTS i feel a little ripped off atm with the bose, i have the bass set on full and its still pretty dismal....

More details please!

·
Registered
346 Posts
there are cheap vag com's on ebay are these the same?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bdzy88 said:
I dont quite understand what the cloth/petrol - cloth/diesel have to do with the stereo?? confuses the hell out of me to be honest....

However, if its that good i will buy vag com just for this.. as others have said.. in the TTS i feel a little ripped off atm with the bose, i have the bass set on full and its still pretty dismal....

More details please!
It's to do with the acoustics. Cloth absorbs bass more than leather, hence the cloth setting will 'boost' the bass to compensate. Also, Diesel engines emit a lower frequency and louder, interior noise to the cabin, hence the need to boost the bass tone.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
anyone around the Essex Thurrock area want to come and sort my bass on my roadster?? please!!

Matt

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@UKLooney - Happy to oblige, mate. I went for Cloth/Petrol (code 0246115) which was enough for me. I set the bass setting at just over 1/2 way and a couple of clicks to the rear speakers and its perfect sound. The bass comes through at low volumes and vibrates the seat when cranked up. Lovely jubley. :p [smiley=drummer.gif] [smiley=guitarist.gif] [smiley=mexicanwave.gif]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Okay i have a TTS and i dont quite understand vag com.. someone post a link to which one i need to buy and ill get it :D

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bdzy88 said:
Okay i have a TTS and i dont quite understand vag com.. someone post a link to which one i need to buy and ill get it :D
I already did that. Take a look at my earlier post. Another option is to find a VAG-COM owner who lives nearby. The kit cost $300.83 inc. of shipping direct from the US manufacturer (Ross-Tech). That's £204.34 at the current exchange rate.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks GhosTTy,

wasnt sure if it was the same for the TTS...

I would but im in Melbourne, Australia and i dont think too many people ahve it so i'll just buy it. that CAN USB interface is the right one for a 08 mk2 tts (golf 5 tech>?)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bdzy88 said:
Thanks GhosTTy,

wasnt sure if it was the same for the TTS...

I would but im in Melbourne, Australia and i dont think too many people ahve it so i'll just buy it. that CAN USB interface is the right one for a 08 mk2 tts (golf 5 tech>?)
I believe so, but drop an email to Ross-Tech. They are really responsive. You can do plenty of other things to the car set-up. And, you could always charge local TT owners to improve their bose systems, turn on the horn beep function with lock/unlock, coming-home light feature, etc.

In the UK, people charge about £5 per feature. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh well too late i just bought it.

Wait and see i suppose.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bdzy88 said:
Oh well too late i just bought it.

Wait and see i suppose.
:lol: a bias for action, eh? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.