Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps,

I've noticed that one or two tiny areas of my lacquer have started to flake. Could you tell me is this an easy fix compared to respraying whole panels of paint or can it be rubbed down and sprayed in to match easily?

Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
319 Posts
mac1967 said:
Hi chaps,

I've noticed that one or two tiny areas of my lacquer have started to flake. Could you tell me is this an easy fix compared to respraying whole panels of paint or can it be rubbed down and sprayed in to match easily?

Regards,

Martin
HI Martin, I have a Amulet red TT with lacquer peel on the boot in about 3 places, and the rear drivers wing..i have approached audi in Basingstoke about it being covered under paint warranty, apparently they tell me that its corrosion warranty that lasts 9 or 12 yrs, but paint warrantys only 3 years ! im disputing this and they have contacted head office to see whats what.. im not holding out much hope, they have said it may just be a job of rubbing down the lacquer and reapplying it, a top coat respray i guess ?
i will let you know if i get anywhere, someone else reccomended i try these chip away people whom will also re apply the lacquer.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
if you rub the laquer down you will end up with an even worse look, you can take laquer back ie with wet and dry paper to remove a scratch then buff up again but if the laquer had peeled or cracked anything you do will make it worse and will stand out like a dirty patch in the paint or a clean flat patch in the paint. My bumper had laquer damage , i tried to flat it off then re polish it , the bumper looked dirty with a clean patch as the damage had gone down to the paint. Got it re painted in the end. £150.00 and a perfect match , and the colour , (steppengrass) olive green pearl has about 5 shades , obviously to cover paint fade and age. but job done and a good one

·
Registered
512 Posts
mossi said:
mac1967 said:
Hi chaps,

Regards,

Martin
HI Martin, I have a Amulet red TT with lacquer peel on the boot in about 3 places, and the rear drivers wing..i have approached audi in Basingstoke about it being covered under paint warranty, apparently they tell me that its corrosion warranty that lasts 9 or 12 yrs, but paint warrantys only 3 years ! im disputing this and they have contacted head office to see whats what.. im not holding out much hope, they have said it may just be a job of rubbing down the lacquer and reapplying it, a top coat respray i guess ?
i will let you know if i get anywhere, someone else reccomended i try these chip away people whom will also re apply the lacquer.
I have just had my boot lid done, no questions asked?? I guess they resprayed it - it's a good job, looks brand new? It was a different story on the roof rails though..... That's a no go with Audi :x

·
Registered
336 Posts
just noticed a bit of lacquer chip on my door so i rubbed it and now its all discoloured around the edge, is this because water has got under the lacqure? i know i can touch up the laqure fine but how do i get rid of this discoloring roung the chip? any ideas guys?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Munchkinfairy said:
mossi said:
mac1967 said:
Hi chaps,

Regards,

Martin
I have just had my boot lid done, no questions asked?? I guess they resprayed it - it's a good job, looks brand new? It was a different story on the roof rails though..... That's a no go with Audi :x
You took the words out of my mouth, was just going to post that!
Laquer has now peeled off on the roof strips, on the two sections that push in and pull up to put the roof rails in, so going to get these sorted myself, as we all know that Audi will not cover this........ :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.