Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon to be going from this

to this

So, I have just bought this little babe for a song and my question is, she has standard 8J airbag/horn connections, what cable link/upgrade do I require to marry her to the 8N connections and where do I get it?? Thanks Merlin

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I want one!...where did you find it?

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
It is a very nice wheel, you will need both mk1 and mk2 looms send it away to vwcruise or the likes and they will adapt the loom to work with the mk2 airbag, around £100

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Nice one M, This is on my list too but every time I look they are around £600 including the airbag.

When you have finished will you please write up a how to for the rest of us.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Out of interest has any one ever crash tested a flatbottom wheel in a Mk 1 to see what really happens when the MK2 air bag goes off.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gogs said:
It is a very nice wheel, you will need both mk1 and mk2 looms send it away to vwcruise or the likes and they will adapt the loom to work with the mk2 airbag, around £100

Thanks Gogs, just spoke with Gareth of VWCRUISE and he said drop them an email but its around £120 +vat, has to be done though, well doesnt' have to be done but its a good idea just in case, otherwise just buy any old flatbottom.

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
It was Gareth I dealt with merlin, think it was around the £120 + vat mark now I think about it, it was turned around within a couple of days, luckily you don't have paddles to get required as well

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Diveratt said:
Out of interest has any one ever crash tested a flatbottom wheel in a Mk 1 to see what really happens when the MK2 air bag goes off.
:lol: :lol: thats so wrong, but funny :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gogs said:
It was Gareth I dealt with merlin, think it was around the £120 + vat mark now I think about it, it was turned around within a couple of days, luckily you don't have paddles to get required as well
Thats good Gogs, just been in touch with the garage that that lad who crashed in Wales sold his TT to for the airbag loom, as the airbag had gone off its no use to them now and I can keep mine on the old airbag and flog it.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Diveratt said:
Funny you should mention it but yes... On the American forums there were a couple of guys that crashed and the airbags didn't go off :sad:

There's no real way of knowing it's going to work until you crash and that's why this is one mod I'm not doing! ;-)

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I'm probably in the minority and will get flamed for this but....the Red is soooooo much nicer. Flat wheel is nice but horn/center is oversized and looks like a large canker sore. :p (flame suit on, press ahead. :wink: )

cheers.

·
Administrator
33,450 Posts
Garth said:
Diveratt said:
Funny you should mention it but yes... On the American forums there were a couple of guys that crashed and the airbags didn't go off :sad:

There's no real way of knowing it's going to work until you crash and that's why this is one mod I'm not doing! ;-)
This is a serious point. It will of course invalidate your insurance as it is not tested or approved.

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
I would like to think that the company who performs the amendment to the wiring looms will have tested this, otherwise they are making money for nothing! Maybe an email to ask the question needs to be sent to them!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
merlin c said:
Diveratt said:
I was being serious you could end up very dead air bags are there for a reason

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Diveratt said:
merlin c said:
Diveratt said:
I was being serious you could end up very dead air bags are there for a reason
ok

1 - 20 of 33 Posts