Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - a few shots of the fly eyes before and after

think it makes a nice improvement and very easy to fit - highly recomended if anyone is unsure.

BACK LIGHTS

before;

during;

after; (sexy arse if i may add myself)

FRONT LIGHTS

before;

during;

after;

8) as i said very happy with the results, even if u had to replace them yearly to keep them looking fresh (which i doubt) its so cheap its worth it.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hi Pete

Nice work , did you remove the rear lights and pull the rubbers back to get a good fit?

I have it front and rear on my car too :) looks liek you also changed the numberplates?

Charlie

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlie said:
Hi Pete

Nice work , did you remove the rear lights and pull the rubbers back to get a good fit?

I have it front and rear on my car too :) looks liek you also changed the numberplates?

Charlie
removed slightly - not fully just loosened bolts so i could slide them under nice and tight - took about 15 minutes per side - and i got the new plate the day prior to doing the lights :) looks very nice IMO

waiting on a few more things to arrive so i can get some more done BMC, 007p, relocate kit, water bottle cover :wink:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SICK TT said:
looks nice mate.. can u take a pic of the front, bonnet closed and further away please? :p
indeed - i will get the camera out later or in the morning depending on light and post one up :) - looks the billocks though 8)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Looks good, I took the rears totally out to get a good finish, which worked well, but I do have it lifting on one corner :evil:

Haven't done the fronts yet, still considering :?

T ROB T

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
Nice. However as my grandson will agree you loose approx 25% (maybe more) light output if you do the fronts as we both have. :?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
les said:
Nice. However as my grandson will agree you loose approx 25% (maybe more) light output if you do the fronts as we both have. :?
as of yet i have not noticed any difference in teh light output - but maybe with upgraded bulbs or xenons i think they will not be quite as much loss?

the best thing about the mod is that you can take it off in 2 minutes with just a quick clean.

the main reason for doing my fronts was becasue ideally the light needed changing as it was a little faded and creased looking around the edges from the hot sun...

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
ausTT said:
les said:
as of yet i have not noticed any difference in teh light output - but maybe with upgraded bulbs or xenons i think they will not be quite as much loss?

the best thing about the mod is that you can take it off in 2 minutes with just a quick clean.

the main reason for doing my fronts was becasue ideally the light needed changing as it was a little faded and creased looking around the edges from the hot sun...
I have xenons and if go down a dark country unlit lane and you will notice the difference I am sure.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/quote]
I have xenons and if go down a dark country unlit lane and you will notice the difference I am sure.[/quote]

Ill take the nice route home tonight and check it out - i dont have xenons yet :( trying to find a good set from cyprus.. otherwise will have to order them from the Ukas well :(

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
les said:
Indeed I do Grandad :) - I have found myself checking that the the full lights are actually on a few times :-( if I actually drove much at night I would probably remove it.

Charlie

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
On the subject of fronts: has anyone thought of just doing the indicator areas on the light clusters? I seem to remember rik-e or naresh doing it with tinting film. or would it be pretty tough getting it straight?

·
Registered
839 Posts
JNmercury00 said:
My thoughts exactly.
It's very cheap looking.

My opinion of course.
Yeah but didn't you once say that you thought susan boyle was a bit of a looker?

Take note people!
I think you'll find "she's cute" were my exact words.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
C.J said:
JNmercury00 said:
My thoughts exactly.
It's very cheap looking.

My opinion of course.
Yeah but didn't you once say that you thought susan boyle was a bit of a looker?

Take note people!
I think you'll find "she's cute" were my exact words.
In the long run they will probably be sprayed if and when possible - buy for an instant tidy up of horrible red lights it works a treat and looks alot better in the real life.

"she's cute" [smiley=book2.gif] i think u need to check your dictionary again :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.