Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
London TT said:
A great thread and im sure the 'how too' will come in V handy..

Seeing as im by bluewater, you may just get a PM from me re: Coding Gizmo ;)
No problem, fire away when you are ready. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
I used: 6L0 947 415 - Lights x2

If you decide to use the TT boot lights instead of the above ones then you will need:[/b]
4B0 947 415A Lights x2 (same as the one in the boot / glovebox)
Hi Gizmo68
- can you remember what the dealer prices are for the light units please ?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
grasmere said:
Gizmo68 said:

If you decide to use the TT boot lights instead of the above ones then you will need:[/b]
Hi Gizmo68
Yes the 6L0 947 415 ones are £9.18 each.

The other lights I already had.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
grasmere said:
Gizmo68 said:

Hi Gizmo68
Yes the 6L0 947 415 ones are £9.18 each.

The other lights I already had.
cheers mate - ordering Tuesday and thanks for all the details on this and the other thread :p

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
bits ordered - fitting and pics to follow at the weekend

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I wish i could do this to MY08 but im not even goner attempt it as my knowledge of stuff like this is ZERO

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
grasmere said:
bits ordered - fitting and pics to follow at the weekend
well I 'would' have fitted them but dealer ordered the plastic housing for the end of the cable that plugs into the light instaed of the actual short cable itself :(

When I ordered the lamp housing I expected to have to get leds off ebay but in fact the housings came with a mini led pcb inside so the lamp was all ready to go which was an unexpected bonus.
When I checked which was +ve and -ve between the lamp pins I found that connecting one way lit the led white and reversing the connection lit it red. (I will consider a way to make use of that later.)

Gizmo68 - when the lamps are fitted to CECM pin 50 and DIS enabled etc do the lamps only come on when eg door opened or can they be set to be on even when driving and also dimmed?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
grasmere said:
grasmere said:
Gizmo88 - when the lamps are fitted to CECM pin 50 and DIS enabled etc do the lamps only come on when eg door opened or can they be set to be on even when driving and also dimmed?
When wired to the CECM (and once activated with VCDS) you then have the option of them being on whenever the sidelights or headlights are on, you can adjust the brightness of them in the DIS.
Alternatively they can be turned off and just used when a door is opened.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
cheers Gizmo68, superb guide and all done. No pics because I didnt feel anything was any different to whats already available on this thread.

Main point to reiterate was the part number for the footwell lights with LED included

I got 8J0 947 409 £7.17 + VAT

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
grasmere said:
Main point to reiterate was the part number for the footwell lights with LED included

I used the same unit to replace my existing incandescent boot light.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
grasmere said:
cheers Gizmo68, superb guide and all done. No pics because I didnt feel anything was any different to whats already available on this thread.

No worries glad it was of use [smiley=cheers.gif]

I did contemplate buying the OE LED's but since I had already obtained (FOC) 5 of the 6 lights necessary to do the footwells, puddle and marker lights and had a few suitable LED's already I thought it was a bit pointless.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
[I did contemplate buying the OE LED's but since I had already obtained (FOC) 5 of the 6 lights necessary to do the footwells, puddle and marker lights and had a few suitable LED's already I thought it was a bit pointless.
yes makes sense of course :wink:

Ive another light mod coming up - pics this time as its a little bit different 8)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Thought I would add some better(ish) photo's taken with a proper camera this time - but still the same crap photographer though so don't expect too much :lol:

LED footwell, LED puddle and OE W5W marker lights

+ LED interior lights

Plus today's addition of 2x 3mm (5000MCD) LED's in the interior light housing.

Despite them looking pink in this photo, I can assure you they are not :lol:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
vailance said:
just got myself some OE LED light, anyone know which positive pin should i insert to the connectors?
can you supply any more info - eg which lights which car? which connector ?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
Gizmodo68, these are not the map reading lights are they?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
grasmere said:
Gizmo68 said:
Not as such no, if you look closely you can see the map light chrome rings:

They are placed in the same position as the OE ones, however the OE ones are a fairly dim SMD light whereas the LED's I used were brighter - they are still recessed behind the trim and cannot be seen until the sidelights are turned on.

The power for them was taken from pin 5 (blue/grey) and the earth from pin 1 (brown)

·
Registered
48 Posts
grasmere said:
vailance said:
just got myself some OE LED light, anyone know which positive pin should i insert to the connectors?
can you supply any more info - eg which lights which car? which connector ?
Hi,
i just figure it out by randomly guessing the Connector D and Connector B. Finally my car was on Pin 7 on Connector B somehow share the same as Audi A3 8P, most of the guys were talkin bout the Connector D pin9. but in my case, is wasnt.

So far it works fine including the control via DIS. One thing disappoint me is the FWLight did not operate same as my previous scirocco, which the light will turn on all the time (at night) and when the door is opened.

Gizmo68 said:
grasmere said:
Gizmo68 said:
Not as such no, if you look closely you can see the map light chrome rings:

They are placed in the same position as the OE ones, however the OE ones are a fairly dim SMD light whereas the LED's I used were brighter - they are still recessed behind the trim and cannot be seen until the sidelights are turned on.

The power for them was taken from pin 5 (blue/grey) and the earth from pin 1 (brown)
Hi,

my car does not comes with any ambient light. is there a part number where it cames originally with LED lighting? i wish to retrofit these as well.
The power for them was taken from pin 5 (blue/grey) and the earth from pin 1
possible to DIY myself with some SMD light which is as bright as the OEM or maybe little brighter?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts