Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the cars up on the ramps in my garage, just fitted the part from the tt shop, took around 5 minutes to fit once the cover was taken off from underneath the car, that was the hardest part.... around 20 screws holding it up :eek:

quick tea break before i put the cover back on and take it for a spin, fingers crossed that it was worth the money :p

·
Registered
388 Posts
steve1988 said:
well the cars up on the ramps in my garage, just fitted the part from the tt shop, took around 5 minutes to fit once the cover was taken off from underneath the car, that was the hardest part.... around 20 screws holding it up :eek:

quick tea break before i put the cover back on and take it for a spin, fingers crossed that it was worth the money :p
Piccy's please

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i went back out before i read your post sorrry :?

i did take it for a spin and i did not expect it to sound like that :eek: :eek:

i think the sound is amazing, its quite loud too not like the results some others have got when reading the forum, at around 4000rpm it sounds at its best, im going to go out soon after i have washed the car so i will try and get a vid up so you can judge for yourself :)

anddd...... worth every penny i think :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its 3 month old now, and i dont have a clue to be honest :?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Blow off - were they called dump valves??

id be interested to here some free back..... it should keep the turbo spinning and prevent it stalling when changing gear?

does its only make a noise when you change gear?

·
Registered
542 Posts
steve1988 said:
its 3 month old now, and i dont have a clue to be honest :?
it probably has the latest revision DV so nothing to worry about. Its just that the earlier diaphragm type dvs are prone to splitting on k03 turbo 2.0Tfsi's and and the latest revision DV will not fit with the diapghram compatible spacer thats all.

Survey S2000 said:
Blow off - were they called dump valves??

id be interested to here some free back..... it should keep the turbo spinning and prevent it stalling when changing gear?

does its only make a noise when you change gear?
Its pretty much the same thing mate, the only benefit, and thats depends on taste is the Tishhhh noise on lift off and gear change.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o right i see, well i hope i have no problems :?

and it makes the sound when ever i come of the accelerator, the sound is at its loudest when i accelerate and let off around 3000rpm it still sounds good if i let off after that but just not as loud

i will see if it drives any different when i take it for a long drive 2moro and post back...

just gettin my younger brother to put the vid on his youtube page and i will post the link

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:p :p

that vid does it no justice im afraid :? see if i can get one well im driving it

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
steve1988 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMvTvHjn2M :p :p

that vid does it no justice im afraid :? see if i can get one well im driving it
The reason why its quiet is due to the lack of load on the turbo so at stand still revving you will not create enough turbo pressure to make it sound that loud.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
McKenzie said:
steve1988 said:

The reason why its quiet is due to the lack of load on the turbo so at stand still revving you will not create enough turbo pressure to make it sound that loud.
ye thats what i thought, i will try and get a better vid, im really quite pleased with it too, have to start looking on the tt shop for parts i can get next :p

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
steve1988 said:
McKenzie said:
steve1988 said:

ye thats what i thought, i will try and get a better vid, im really quite pleased with it too, have to start looking on the tt shop for parts i can get next :p
If you want pure sound I cant recommend highly enough the Neuspeed P-flo air intake kit, http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.ph ... 8&xSec=470.
Decent price, awesome looks and sounds the nuts. Let me know if you want more info on it, I've had it about 4 months and I cant rate it high enough.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what was it like to fit? easy enough?
and can you get a vid so can get an idea of the sound :p
i was thinking of an intake next, im looking at the BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox on the tt shop at the moment, any idea what they are like?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
haha, funny you should ask about the BMC CDA, I sold mine 2 weeks ago, looked awesome but after changing to the Neuspeed I was amazed what I was missing out on both sound and performance. I will try and take a Video soon when I get the chance. It probably took about an hour to fit the new intake system as was being slightly pedantic about it but if I did it again it would take 15 mins. Here are some pics.
View attachment 1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks good, shame there is not a way to mod the cover so it could go back on too, and ye that would be great :p

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You can get other engine covers that look loads better but depends how much you are willing to spend, you would be looking at anywhere from 100-400 quid for a new one.

Found a clip from youtube of the intake, sounds much better and deeper in person but this gives you and idea.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
McKenzie said:
You can get other engine covers that look loads better but depends how much you are willing to spend, you would be looking at anywhere from 100-400 quid for a new one.
That little?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Senator said:
McKenzie said:
That little?
Well im sure the new TID engine cover cost about $400 so around £200-250 and that's painted. I would dread to think how much your custom one would cost though.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I've just ordered my dv valve from Forge.
Looking forward to getting it.
Any help on fitting it to a TTS would be great. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hugy said:
I've just ordered my dv valve from Forge.
Looking forward to getting it.
Any help on fitting it to a TTS would be great. :)
i should imagine it will be quite the same :? only one way to find out :p
nice long weekend to get under and have a look [smiley=book2.gif]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.