·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Hi,

I have used one of these with the stock turbo.

I also found the green spring too weak for my intended use, but the yellow (next one up) & only putting a tiny bit of pre-load (required), you will end up with a quite higher crack pressure than stock..

Was your stock actuator leaking or weak ?

Regards
Morgan

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes with the new APR #2 remap (which is for a seat leon) has given an etra 40torque and alot more boost but it's bouncing the boost around abit, before it stabalises at 24psi... (reason being the car the APR #2 the development work was carried out on had a actuator) seems to be a rare thing to do on the TT but Golf's and Leon's seem to be really into it :?

we'll see how we get on. thanks for th reply

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acording to the rollers BHP hasn't increased but got about a extra 30lb/ft of torque :p so now i'm at 342.13 :p

why is it the seat boys push so much more out of their engines than we do... if it hadn't been for them i'd have never bothered with this mod... seems abit weird that we're missing out..

deffo worth it !!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Whats the news with forge and it not fitting a TT? Are they re designing it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
tony_rigby_uk said:
acording to the rollers BHP hasn't increased but got about a extra 30lb/ft of torque :p so now i'm at 342.13 :p
!
Aren't you entering rod bending territory :!:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Yes he is, but im sure that means Sarah is on here looking at how big her xmas bonus will be this year :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's boarder line....

it's not a set science... it's not a case of 340 your ok... and 341 you've bent rods... there's rods been bent at 310... and rods that have been fine at 370.... it's a grey area... in my opinion and due to the sciences metal fatigue is caused mainly by the metal getting hot at some point.. poor oil circulation... low oil... oil too thick / thin... this can degrade the part and cause the metal to increase in temp... then a cooling period with the engine stood still leaves a perminant weakness... in many respects thats why i'm looking at oil cooler... for turbo and rods....

but yes i will not deny that it is entering that teritory... more to the point it's clutch flying teritory... especially for me who's on standard clutch (only done 15k on it though) so it's a case of see how long the clutch holds out then performance... and preferably balanced so it's doesn't knock like les's :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bikerz said:
Whats the news with forge and it not fitting a TT? Are they re designing it?
Acording to awesome they are hoping to... although they have admitted that they doubt it'll be done for when "bigsyd" has his fitted shortly so they'll have to do the same job on his that they did on mine...

also belive les is now looking into this mod after seeing my rolling road graph :lol:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Any why have you not posted RR here? Or are you trying to save my bank balence :lol:

I might ask forge if they want my car for a test car to do modifications for this

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gosh no pleasing some folk... :p

i will do.. obviously with the APR stage 2 issue thats floating around i don't wanna upset people because the APR lot are messing around with the changing the TT map... but since the cat is out of the bag elsewhere.... reason i haven't is because the APR TT map got 288 torque (the one i did put up).... we then put the seat leon APR map on my TT and got 317 torque... now with seat map and actuator i've got 342 torque... so for the people who have the APR stage 2 map they've been abit short changed... and APR are being very difficult in listening to awesomeGTI and changing the software to correct the mistake(and we do know it's a mistake) that's why i've been abit quite but i've had it on my car since JAN now... so we deffo know there isn't a problem with it...

Awesome said i can post it up now... but just let on that they don't know when it'll be available so no point pestering them... they'll announce when APR have done their bit.

·
Registered
640 Posts
tony_rigby_uk said:
it's boarder line....

it's not a set science... it's not a case of 340 your ok... and 341 you've bent rods... there's rods been bent at 310... and rods that have been fine at 370.... it's a grey area... in my opinion and due to the sciences metal fatigue is caused mainly by the metal getting hot at some point.. poor oil circulation... low oil... oil too thick / thin... this can degrade the part and cause the metal to increase in temp... then a cooling period with the engine stood still leaves a perminant weakness... in many respects thats why i'm looking at oil cooler... for turbo and rods....
A K04 + standard manifold at those figures = big heat, you have to be close to the 960C limit.

Not sure an oil cooler will help much, but I'd be sure to run a slightly rich mix just in case. I've read that #3 piston gets the hottest with a standard mani.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
HI Tony
How does the car feel on the road compared to before
Graham

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
tony_rigby_uk said:
it's boarder line....

but yes i will not deny that it is entering that teritory... more to the point it's clutch flying teritory... especially for me who's on standard clutch (only done 15k on it though) so it's a case of see how long the clutch holds out then performance... and preferably balanced so it's doesn't knock like les's :lol: :lol: :lol:
It don't knock it rattles but then its now 100% safe and I wont be thinking in the back of my head will it hold out or how long before its starts to fail. After all my Helex was just £100 more than the stock clutch and you only hear it at tick over. All in all I would still go with my clutch over the OEM one esp with the amount of torque you are now putting out Tony :wink:

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
les said:
It don't knock it rattles but then its now 100% safe and I wont be thinking in the back of my head will it hold out or how long before its starts to fail. After all my Helex was just £100 more than the stock clutch and you only hear it at tick over. All in all I would still go with my clutch over the OEM one esp with the amount of torque you are now putting out Tony :wink:
your right les, i would als have your clutch... but wouldn't have the flywheel....i just couldn't live with it... johns already getting onto helex to see if they have any of the balanced flywheels left (as they used to do them but stopped) therefore it'll be same flywheel as yours but with a balance on it to shut it up, so fingers crossed they'll have some old stock or will do a special for me when the time comes...

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
UK225 said:
Hi,

I have used one of these with the stock turbo.

I also found the green spring too weak for my intended use, but the yellow (next one up) & only putting a tiny bit of pre-load (required), you will end up with a quite higher crack pressure than stock..

Was your stock actuator leaking or weak ?

Regards
Morgan
HI Morgan
I have just taken delivery of a few parts from awesome (Forge 007,TIP and actuator from this post), they have arrived with green springing - will I have probs from what your saying.
I use car for competing (hilclimb/sprints) and track days so I wouldn't want to be taking a backwards step.
Only engine mod so far is a superchips re-map.
Cheers Graham

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kougis said:
I also have forge actuator.
Green spring is too weak!
I have the blue one!!!
(Green->Yellow->Blue->Red)
yup mines blue too !!! gives some good figures on the rollers with it !!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.