Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered my car towards the end of Jan and was told that it would be May before I got my hands on it. Then I was told 2nd week in April.

When I was speccing the car I really liked the bi-colour finish 10 spokes but didnt feel that they justified the £200 difference in price from the normal 10 spokes so I went for the cheaper option.

Got a call mid week to tell me that the car has arrived at the dealer much earlier than expected and that they have spec'd the bi-colour wheels by mistake.

So now I'm picking up the car on Wednesday next week and am getting the wheels that I really wanted at no extra cost.

Makes a change from some of the tales of woe I've read recently.

I am now shitting my pants that karma will ensure that I wrap the car around a tree or someone nicks it within days of collecting it.

Surely something must go wrong!!! :wink:

FORGOT TO MENTION: The dealer has also said that to help make up for the mistake they are going to give me a full tank of petrol instead of the usual 1/4 tank!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
which Garage did you order it from ?
out of interest pitty more mistakes are not made like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Nice one, bloody fantastic, one back for the owners ! Rare to read such a positive mistake.

And stop all that negative talk at the end. Think negative, act negative ! I prefer to think positive, act positive.

You must be feeling bloody chippa m8. Fantastic !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Evild Derboy said:
I am now shitting my pants that karma will ensure that I wrap the car around a tree or someone nicks it within days of collecting it.

Surely something must go wrong!!! :wink:
Oh ye of little faith. It'll be fine!! :wink:

Sounds like a nice looking motor you've ordered there.

Just enjoy it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,031 Posts
Evild Derboy said:
I am now shitting my pants that karma will ensure that I wrap the car around a tree or someone nicks it within days of collecting it.

Surely something must go wrong!!! :wink:
Stop worrying it is very unlikely.

However I would put money on you kerbing those wheels within the first month :p
 

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hendee said:
which Garage did you order it from ?
out of interest pitty more mistakes are not made like this.
It's coming from Audi Dundee. Which is about 2 hours away from me in Glasgow so I'm getting the train up and will have a nice 2 hour drive back.
 
G

·
Evild, really pleased for you that you will be getting your TT early, I do have a sneaky feeling you might have been allocated a cancelled order. Your dealer may well have adjusted the spec you required to that car. Fantastic if the case. Just means you have had the excitement of the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait taken away from you like me and Mark_S. I bet you are gutted. :lol:

Dunna think about a prang FFS! :eek:
You will be OK fella, just remember to get some pix on the forum next week,.
 

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Redcar_TT said:
Evild, really pleased for you that you will be getting your TT early, I do have a sneaky feeling you might have been allocated a cancelled order. Your dealer may well have adjusted the spec you required to that car. Fantastic if the case. Just means you have had the excitement of the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait taken away from you like me and Mark_S. I bet you are gutted. :lol:

Dunna think about a prang FFS! :eek:
You will be OK fella, just remember to get some pix on the forum next week,.
Cheers mate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,227 Posts
Cor that's two full tanks then :roll:

Nice one mate, looking forward to seing the pictures 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
Evild Derboy said:
FORGOT TO MENTION: The dealer has also said that to help make up for the mistake they are going to give me a full tank of petrol instead of the usual 1/4 tank!
Oi Del, tell your Dealer to sort his slack-arse act out... it's supposed to be 1/2 tank [smiley=deal2.gif] He's diddling you a third of your compensation [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
 

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Janitor said:
Evild Derboy said:
FORGOT TO MENTION: The dealer has also said that to help make up for the mistake they are going to give me a full tank of petrol instead of the usual 1/4 tank!
Oi Del, tell your Dealer to sort his slack-arse act out... it's supposed to be 1/2 tank [smiley=deal2.gif] He's diddling you a third of your compensation [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
You know I did think that but they reckon its a quarter of a tank. I will make sure I kick some ass when I get there! Maybe I can wangle an umbrella or something...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Dundee not too far to go, better than going to your local Glasgow audi garage as the service there is crap. I will not be using lomond audi again. At least you get a nice drive back down home in it.
 

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hendee said:
Dundee not too far to go, better than going to your local Glasgow audi garage as the service there is crap. I will not be using lomond audi again. At least you get a nice drive back down home in it.
i have heard nothing good about Glasgow Audi and my first experience of them was when I was in having a look at the A5 and the TT. I was all over both cars and no one came near me. When I eventually approached a salesperson and uttered the words "business lease" the guy muttered something about the business rep not being in till Monday and then walked off.

Although when i did deal with the business rep he was very good but he couldn't compete on price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
A similar peice of luck my land-rover dealer accidently ordered my freelander with £490 mettallic paint, No charge to me of course,by way of compensation for the error I got a heavy discount on the privacy glass I had ordered by phone a week after negotiating the deal.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top