Audi TT Forum banner
681 - 700 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
Haha, good luck. The traces that need cutting - could they always be rejoined in future if required with jumpers or similar? So still reversible, but just with a little extra work

·
Registered
13 Posts
IPG3.6 said:
For those who have seen the coilpack change video and are wondering about the black coolant cap and black windscreen washer cap here are the PN's:

Black coolant cap - 3C0121321 (i originally spotted this type on the VW Arteon)
Black washer cap - 1K0955455-BLK
Ah, thanks for this. At one time I thought I was going to have order the Lambo versions to get them in black! :eek:

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
FYI I have washer fluid cap 400 955 277 which is also a black version of the TT one, and actually has the Lambo badge on the inside of it. Also only £4 from Audi, so that's another option for you :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ian,

Can the ClourMFA read Oil Pressure, Oil Temp and Oil level on TT ECU? When I look at the value on the ECU ,instread of displaying actual number it says Oil Pressure OK, Oil Level OK and Oil Temp -60 degrees C.

BTW! Do you still have the stock 3rd brake light? Can you please verify if the 2 digit after "/" match the year the car was manufactured?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #687 ·
OOOOFT sorry since i absolutely ruined mine i threw it sound soon after the mod! :lol:

Out of those values ColourMFA does:
Oil Pressure - no (we only have a low oil warning sensor installed. an accurate oil pressure temp would require an aftermarket sensor)
Oil Temp - yes
Oil level - yes (as a temp. or a live bar graph)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #688 ·
This is something i've been wanting to do for a while - bringing the setup to the dragstrip! I've never ever been in my life and it was a fun learning experience.

Audi TT Mk2 8J 3.6 VR6 AWD at the dragstrip - FrankensTTein R36 engine swapped

There are two evenings in that video and all my times are there. I am pretty happy with the very consistent results and while not the fastest the TT3.6 is not slouch either!

My biggest learnings were
- let go of the brake pedal sooner
- raise the wing! (the fastest time was with the wing up)
- cool the engine in between runs
- ALWAYS do a drag in S mode :lol:
- i prefer circuit racing where you're actually driving for more MUCH MORE than a minute in the same amount of hours you're at the event.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
Wolvez said:
Do you still have the stock 3rd brake light? Can you please verify if the 2 digit after "/" match the year the car was manufactured?
I think you are right, I just checked my old one and it says 07 after the /, on my 2007 TT

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #690 ·
Have had to bring out VCDS to fix up the airbag error on the dash since the drag night so i thought why not make a video showing how to do this along with some other tweaks and mods you can do to your instrument cluster using VCDS.

I detail how to
• reset an airbag light - VCDS is highly practical for airbag errors as other tools just can't clear these.
• add in boost gauge, oil temperature and lap timer via Special Funcstions menu.
• activate needle sweep, remove date display, and show you the various options how your intrument cluster can light up it's needles and scales.
• AFS light bending headlights showroom effect and tourist mode as well as running through basic settings.

Audi TT Mk2 8J VCDS - airbag reset, add boost gauge, oil temp & lap timer, needle sweep mod and instrument cluster LED's mod, AFS headlight reset, showroom demo, tourist mode and output tests

If there are any other VCDS questions you have please let me know and i'll do my best to detail those processes too.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,534 Posts
Nice one Ian! :)

As a caveat for early model Mk2 TT owners, not all years will have these options available. Early TT Mk2 models have very few optional code changes simply because VAG didn't included them in the factory build. Also, depending on the factory equipment that came with your vehicle, some code changes may or may not be possible. For example - if you have the RNS-E SatNav head unit it is possible to retrofit a reverse or back-up camera by changing the code settings so you can display the reverse image on the screen. However vehicles that were factory fitted with the Concert or Symphony head units will probably not have this option.

Once you run your first Auto Scan, only those addresses and features which are present in your vehicle will be displayed. From there you can determine which Adaptations or Basic settings and re-code options are possible.

One other suggestion is to always run the Auto Scan and print out your OEM code settings BEFORE making any changes. Once you change them, there's no "undo" so you need to know how your car was coded BEFORE you make any changes so you can easily change it back if something goes wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,534 Posts
Very cool! I seem to recall someone years ago repainted the silver speedo/tach rings, I'll dig around to see if I can find the pictures.

Those clips are identical to the Roof Flap Servo clips. When I needed to get mine apart, I found using an old hotel key card works quite well. Just cut the card into strips and then wedge them into the clips to keep each clip released so they don't snap back on you as you work your way around.

This also avoids over-bending them as can happen using a screwdriver. Don't ask me how I know this. :p

ClipWedge.JPG

Black-01.JPG

red-01.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
Interesting info as always IPG and SJP :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
661CB1AB-4BDE-4989-A2D5-014C188E3C02.jpeg

The OEM screen and frame are now being put away as ColourMFA now takes residence in the cluster.

2AAF2C21-0E43-410C-A1CA-1C97DDE9C0E2.jpeg

I'll store it in case I need to reverse the mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #697 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates but as the weather is colder and I have no undercover area to work in anymore it is difficults to push out the mods and videos but i gaurantee you this one is a banger!

I'm very happy now with the status that ColourMFA in the Audi TT Mk2 is at. Here's a quick overview of what work needs to be done at the instrument cluster to get this unit up and running. No details yet on the installation but that will come soon as i try and develop a (mostly) plug and play kit. You will see, however, this is pysically impossible to supply as an out of the box working plug and play kit due to the nature of replacing OEM hardware.

Enjoy.

ColourMFA in Audi TT Mk2 8J - Upgrade Overview Installation Part 2

·
Registered
492 Posts
The ColourMFA thing is super cool, but also looks crazy complicated to do. Did you design/develop/program this? Do you sell them? Or is this made by a company or something?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 ·
It's made by a crew in Russia and I have been installing them in S3 8L's, TT 8N's, A4/S4/RS4 B5's, VW Bora and Golf Mk4 R32's for a few years now.

As you had seen last year I started experimenting and it looked promising but now it's actually working very well and as it should in the 8J. There are a few requests I have and will work with the developers to make it more 8J / PQ35 friendly.

I'm the local distributor in Aus and have sent some up your way, Norway, Greece, Japan and USA for people who are happy to do a DIY installation. All instructions are supplied and I'm only a text message away should someone have questions throughout their DIY installation. It's technical but if you take your time and have the right tools it's actually a great weekend project.

The plan is to continue offering a couple of options:
1/ DIY kit = all the parts you need to make it happen + instruction. Most cost effective.
2/ Plug and play. I usually get people to send me their clusters for the modification. Plug and play in Mk2 will be "mostly" plug and play. The nature of the install requires some work with removing parts and is not as simple as the mk1 clusters where I can literally install the kit as a true plug and play solution.

Happy to answer any questions about it :)

681 - 700 of 737 Posts