Audi TT Forum banner
721 - 737 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #721 ·
MT-V6 said:
Nice photos, guess you just need to drive in lots of 5 km circles around your house haha.
Any excuse for a quick spin!

Nidana said:
For me Alpine updated the tune it app and now it no longer works and is unable to adjust for time correction now.
I think you're right. I deleted and re-downloaded and now it's saying "this is taking longer than usual" when i try to login. Ah well. no biggie. I'll just come back to this thread for my settings anytime they reset.

TT'sRevenge said:
Overall I'm convinced--you just need to start selling this thing now haha
Am working on it but probably still a while away as manufacture/shipping has slowed since the pandemic. It will happen though!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Not captured in the photos before of some of my parts that i need to fix are the inner door seals. I took these from the 3.2 parts car remember that i must use them instead of what i had on the car as original parts. They were worn and the seal had clearly become damaged. It's not a hard job at all and if yours is looking a bit sad this will help you get your head around the job.

Here's the video guide on how to go about replacing the damaged inner door seals complete with part and tools numbers.

If you'd rather follow the official instructions i've also attached them below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
IPG3.6 said:
Am working on it but probably still a while away as manufacture/shipping has slowed since the pandemic. It will happen though!
Oh another question I have about this... I was just thinking about the other day--can it display the nav directions from the RNS-E like the factory display?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 ·
yes it does sir. this is probably the worst demo video but... you can see the RNS-e info is reflected in the colourMFA. it's possible due to comms over the CANbus

Colourmfa Colormfa navigation display demo

actually this is a much better demo! :lol:

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
Don't forget the pins are different too (not very helpful!)

·
Registered
492 Posts
yes it does sir. this is probably the worst demo video but... you can see the RNS-e info is reflected in the colourMFA. it's possible due to comms over the CANbus

Colourmfa Colormfa navigation display demo

actually this is a much better demo! :lol:

Excellent! I was fearing it wouldn't actually but that not only does it but looks snazzy too with the higher res :) Strikes me as odd they can do this but can't get some of the standard menu stuff in there as you mentioned.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think we were discussing the aftermarket CHMSL (3rd brake light) in this thread before, right?

Just to update on mine after the season...

The fit got even worse over time--almost as if it expanded a bit and it actually now has a more noticeable gap around/below where it sits.

It has seemingly oxidised quite a bit--that's right it's cloudy lookin'...after basically one summer! Car is normally garaged but sits outside at work, but is certainly not outside 24/7. And this is a part on the rear of the car, which is crazy to have this happen so soon. Also if it looks like this after one year, imagine what it will look like in another two?

I'm quite sure I can polish out the cloudy/hazy look with some Plast-X or whatever, but yeah my suggestion to all is don't buy these aftermarket ones! Cheap they may be, but cheap they are! Cheese whiz! lol. I'm probably going to replace it next year--with a factory/OE one and tint it, as mentioned before.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #731 ·
I think we were discussing the aftermarket CHMSL (3rd brake light) in this thread before, right?

Just to update on mine after the season...

The fit got even worse over time--almost as if it expanded a bit and it actually now has a more noticeable gap around/below where it sits.

It has seemingly oxidised quite a bit--that's right it's cloudy lookin'...after basically one summer! Car is normally garaged but sits outside at work, but is certainly not outside 24/7. And this is a part on the rear of the car, which is crazy to have this happen so soon. Also if it looks like this after one year, imagine what it will look like in another two?

I'm quite sure I can polish out the cloudy/hazy look with some Plast-X or whatever, but yeah my suggestion to all is don't buy these aftermarket ones! Cheap they may be, but cheap they are! Cheese whiz! lol. I'm probably going to replace it next year--with a factory/OE one and tint it, as mentioned before.
oh no that's not so great news! I'll keep an eye out on mine and see how it goes but judging from the outcome of yours it'll degrade fairly soon. That's disappointing

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #732 ·
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

(Note: image may not be to scale 🤣)

Has anyone ever chucked a long block in their boot? (random i know!). I'm looking to transport a 1.8t (for the TT Mk1 Project) and if push comes to shove i might need to use the Mk2 to carry it back home.

Has anyone done or seen how a 4 cylinder would go in there?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question, but a lesson learned when I was younger...

Years ago, I transported a Pontiac V8 engine block in a Toyota liftback for a friend. Nothing in that car was designed as a tie-down point, but we strapped the block down the best we could.

While in-route, another car cut in front of me and I had to brake hard. Of course the engine broke free and rolled forward doing quite a bit of damage. Guessing the block would have taken our heads off if we had actually collided.

… Personally, I wouldn't try it. Don't think there is a suitable strapping point in a TT.
Better off finding a friend with a pick-up truck and some ratcheting straps.

Reactions: TT'sRevenge

·
Registered
2008 TTS
1,309 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question, but a lesson learned when I was younger...

Years ago, I transported a Pontiac V8 engine block in a Toyota liftback for a friend. Nothing in that car was designed as a tie-down point, but we strapped the block down the best we could.

While in-route, another car cut in front of me and I had to brake hard. Of course the engine broke free and rolled forward doing quite a bit of damage. Guessing the block would have taken our heads off if we had actually collided.

… Personally, I wouldn't try it. Don't think there is a suitable strapping point in a TT.
Better off finding a friend with a pick-up truck and some ratcheting straps.
I'd tend to agree with this myself too
Also why would you want to dirty your lovely TT ;)

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,534 Posts
I agree with FNChaos. Personally, I'd rent a van or small flat bed truck for the transport. Much less risk of damage to the vehicle and/or engine trying to get all that over the trunk lip of your TT. I can't imagine how difficult it will be to even get it in and out of a TT Coupe in the first place.

Your best bet is to load the engine on a pallet and secure it in place with tie-down straps so it's not going anywhere. Then get the entire load into the van and secure that again with additional tie-down straps to whatever tie-down points are available. You might even be able to use an engine hoist to load and unload it while it's secured to the pallet and make the whole job a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Or a friend with a suitable trailer?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #737 ·
yeah it looks like i'll have to phone a friend ot something to be able to bring the car + the spare engine in one trip. The coupe shape makes it's a bit trickier VS a regular hatchback which easily fits the 1.8t in.

Off to plan B - thanks everyone :)

721 - 737 of 737 Posts