Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Audi South Africa has launched a option to extend the freeway plan.

There can be no better motoring peace of mind than knowing that your car will be serviced, maintained and repaired, should this prove necessary, at no cost to you. Thanks to Audi Freeway Plan, that peace of mind could be yours.

The Audi Freeway Plan absorbs all maintenance and service costs, with the exception of between-service top-up fluids, fuel, cracked or broken glass, and tyres.
Quoted from - http://www.audi.co.za/za/brand/en/servi ... _plan.html

Now my car is an extremely low miler, its a 2007 3.2 Roadster with only 44,000km (27,160 miles) on the clock however my freeway plan expires next month. To renew this freeway plan for another 24 months will cost me R40,500 / GBP 3,475. :eek:

The big question is, do I go for it for complete peace of mind? especially with the DSG as well as resale value. Or would you guys suggest to put that money in an interest accruing account and use the monies to pay for servicing and potentially any repairs to the DSG or other components?

Choices choices......

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
That's a lot of money!

Granted it's a lot of peace of mind, but you are paying for it, and you may have no issues in those 2 years that will need that sort of money. I'd be inclined to invest it at the best interest rate you can get and it should cover any eventualities, including the DSG. If you don't have any major issues, then at the end of the two years you'll still have the bulk of your money. If you do have issues which take the money then you've lost nothing anyway, so you'd simply be backing it both ways.

No brainer! :wink:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
igotone said:
That's a lot of money!

Granted it's a lot of peace of mind, but you are paying for it, and you may have no issues in those 2 years that will need that sort of money. I'd be inclined to invest it at the best interest rate you can get and it should cover any eventualities, including the DSG. If you don't have any major issues, then at the end of the two years you'll still have the bulk of your money. If you do have issues which take the money then you've lost nothing anyway, so you'd simply be backing it both ways.

No brainer! :wink:
Agreed

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Easy money for Audi. If your plan is to hit the 200k km mark within the next 2 years, then perhaps. Keep on doing as you've been doing, then it's no thanks. Even if you'd sell the car next year, you won't reclaim enough to make it an interesting offer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
JETLAG said:
So Audi South Africa has launched a option to extend the freeway plan.

There can be no better motoring peace of mind than knowing that your car will be serviced, maintained and repaired, should this prove necessary, at no cost to you. Thanks to Audi Freeway Plan, that peace of mind could be yours.

The Audi Freeway Plan absorbs all maintenance and service costs, with the exception of between-service top-up fluids, fuel, cracked or broken glass, and tyres.
Quoted from - http://www.audi.co.za/za/brand/en/servi ... _plan.html

Now my car is an extremely low miler, its a 2007 3.2 Roadster with only 44,000km (27,160 miles) on the clock however my freeway plan expires next month. To renew this freeway plan for another 24 months will cost me R40,500 / GBP 3,475. :eek:

The big question is, do I go for it for complete peace of mind? especially with the DSG as well as resale value. Or would you guys suggest to put that money in an interest accruing account and use the monies to pay for servicing and potentially any repairs to the DSG or other components?

Choices choices......
It's not that much to top up the years to 7.
That R40k would be to extend for 2 years AND add another 40,000km to the plan.
I've got the spreadsheet from Audi with all the options for the full range of vehicles, and I would expect topping up the years (cheapest option) to come in at about R25k.

I'll confirm in the morning.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went through a similar exercise with the option to extend the freeway plan for my previous A4.

I made the mistake of choosing to extend the freeway plan and then as circumstances changed I upgraded the A4 for another one. The extended service plan was difficult to administer with perpetual fights with the dealers about if the extended plan existed or not and what was included.
When I traded the car in there was no benefit to having an extended freeway plan so all in all it was a waste of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts