Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I changed my front grill a couple of months ago but only been able to post photos today
Just though I show you guys how it looks

I am very please with the look now and it did not cost a lot, it was off amazon

Phil :)

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I have one of those in the boot, waiting to go on next Monday. I'm not competent/brave enough to do it myself!

I'm going to get the horizontal strips painted matte aluminium as I don't think I'll get away with just black on my dark coloured car. Yours looks superb though.

Seeing that makes me wish I'd got a white or silver one, but then I wouldn't get the reflections I love so much!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate
I am pleased , I must say it not hard to do and any colour tt looks good
For me I did not understand Audi have a grey girll with black fog light surrounds

Now it black all round and looks a lot better

Thanks again for you kind words

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Looks good, i did mine a while back too. For anybody considering this there is a guide in another post , looks scary to do but is a lot easier than you think if you allow plenty of time :roll:

Congrats

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi dave
Cheers mate

Yours is looking really nice now mate
The little touches make such a big difference

Be nice to see at the next meet

Phil

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did mine a couple of weeks ago but the one I got off amazon turned out to be gloss black instead of matt. Seems like luck of the draw as to which finish you get.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi bailey

Yes seams so, I was glad it came mat so was happy ALSo maches the fog light grills
I think the front end looks a lot better now

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
96 Posts
Matt is definitely the better finish and I'm pretty gutted mine came in gloss. Tempted to re-order one but worried I'll just get another gloss one.

Can you remember the part number for the grill you ordered?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think this is the parts number but it may be wise to email them first
Product Information
BrandFK-Automotive
Manufacturer Part NumberFKSG33013-2
Sizing and Specifications
Item Weight6.1 kilograms

If you go on to amazon again their are a couple of grills and this one looks mate and the other one looks glose

Hope this helps

Phil

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Turns out its the same part no. as I ordered so it really must be a lucky dip as to which one you get.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Would there be any chance of a photo of the front of your car from a bit further back and at an angle?

I have a silver roadster and would be keen to see how the grill ties in with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers mate for the kind words

I do like the front a lot better now
I did not understand Audi putting a grey grill with black fog light grills

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the Audi rings not fitting the FK grille? I've just been phoned by the bodyshop and they're saying the rings are too small to fit. The rings they are trying to fit are off a TTS grille if that makes any difference.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.