Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a wheels off job or any easier way ? Gonna do my valance and grills gloss black this weekend :)

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi Nathan, Do you mean is it a wheels off job to remove front grill, if so no.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Nathan, Do you mean is it a wheels off job to remove front grill, if so no.
Yes mate just wondering what im in for my 182 was easy but this looks more well built ! Lol any threads on this ?

Thanks hoggy always so helpful!!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Easy.... first remove the 4 pieces of engine cover, then remove the trim below that is held in with 5? Torx screws. With all of this off you can get your hand down behind the grill and gently press down on the clips while gently pulling the grill with your other hand. With the main grill out the lower middle is a doddle. Hope this helps

·
Registered
276 Posts
From what I can gather, you can either take front bumper off then pop the clips out or take out the middle lowet grill, get your arm up in the gap and pop the clips out that way (obviously not going to be easy if you have a FMIC)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys let you know how the diy spraying goes !

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
The clips can be a bitch to remove if your going in from the top I chose the all or nothing approach and just pulled the grill really hard and all the clips popped off at once :?: I don't advise this as I thought I was going to pull the bumper off but all checked and no damage so worked for me ;)

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi, Remove lower offside grill, hand in & remove centre lower grill, arm up inside & unclip the clips along the top, pull grill out & up & spring clips along the bottom will pop off, no need to replace them. New grill will just pop into place.
Thats how I removed mine with no damage to any clips, only scratched fore arms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts