Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Hello Matey, First off there speakers or tweeters :-* and yes with a small bladed screw driver, work from one end as they come apart in three pieces. The two end caps have a little clip that clips onto the dash. Once these are removed you can twist the centre section 90 degrees as there on a push in lug. :-*

Cheers Basky.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
basky said:
Hello Matey, First off there speakers or tweeters :-* and yes with a small bladed screw driver, work from one end as they come apart in three pieces. The two end caps have a little clip that clips onto the dash. Once these are removed you can twist the centre section 90 degrees as there on a push in lug. :-*

Cheers Basky.
Tried it without result...

Any other suggestions??

·
Registered
446 Posts
DuTTchNL said:
Is it possible to remove the vents to place the trim...

It does not seem to hold shape and releases from the tape
I did mine about three years ago and had the same problem with the double sided tape. There is a speaker under the right hand one if you have Bose so be careful. You have to fully commit to this mod if you want it to look right which means pulling the plastic trim off the dash (it's stiff and I thought there was one screw in each but may be wrong) , lightly sand the plastic vent and inner side of the new trim then glue and clamp in position to make sure both parts fit together without gaps. There may be some overlap at the base but you won't notice if you glue the parts back into the dash rather than just push fit them.

There was a seller/manufacturer that did these and a whole load of interior and engine bay trim parts like the twised door pulls, bonnet release leaver etc. Just found it:

http://www.gtt.uk.com

·
Registered
83,926 Posts
Id think twice about fitting these as ther reflect badly in the windscreen [smiley=gossip.gif]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts