Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
my tt is sorted now had loads of work including new chain tensioner, fault code cleared it was fine for a day untill i booted it then engine light came on as i changed gear and stayed on.
code cleared again and car was redlined for a while all fine.
put normal unleaded in it and light came on again.

could it be that it needs high octane grade fuel?
im going to try it but just wondered on your opinion.
its a 225 quattro, the guy that timed it knows what hes doing.

thanks
barks

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,549 Posts
Hi Barks, 225 TT is designed for 98 octane super plus & wiil loose performance on 95 octane but shouldn't bring up any fault codes.What was the fault code, probably unrelated to 95 octane fuel.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi hoggy,
thanks for reply dude,
i think it was timing mismatch but i know its timed correctly.
i put regular fuel in it and thought it maybe pinking causing the fault code??
cheers
barks

·
Registered
904 Posts
If its timed correctly, has 16 sprockets on the tensioner then it could well be the camsensor is intermittently faulty. Know anyone with the same car/engine? It's a 2 minute job to remove so well worth testing another one.

I had this on a recent ecu upgrade, where it kept throwing the code, turned out that there are 2 types of sensor , a 2 window and 4 window wheel sensor, I had the wrong one!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
s3tt said:
If its timed correctly, has 16 sprockets on the tensioner then it could well be the camsensor is intermittently faulty. Know anyone with the same car/engine? It's a 2 minute job to remove so well worth testing another one.

I had this on a recent ecu upgrade, where it kept throwing the code, turned out that there are 2 types of sensor , a 2 window and 4 window wheel sensor, I had the wrong one!
Sorry to hijack the tread, were you referring to this part?

How did you find which is correct one? Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.