Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I just ordered the full Milltek exhaust with sports back and everything from a local shop (they are also gonna fit it when it arrives) Basically just wondering if anyone else has done this, and the outcome :) Happy?

They also recommended me to install this (pic) not sure what's it called in english.
My car is already remapped, so the guys doing the fitting were talking about 270HP after this Milltek system is installed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poverty said:
dont bother with the forge DV its expensive for what it is, especially as the latest revision oem DV is a piston type aswell
I have a 2007 TT, isnt the dv there of membran type, and would more easily brake?

Will i notice anything with this Forge dv? any sounds or anything?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yep, Forge DV is not really necessary now that the revised piston type OEM is availible and cheaper, the Forge requires servicing every now and then also.

I have the full Milltek exhaust, it will give you about 15hp and 15lb/ft more. Here are some videos of the sound :)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Waste of money if you have the new valve as the OEM is regarded as superior

New OEM Piston type:
Part No: 06H 145 710 D

Old diaphragm type used until approx late 2008.
Part No: 06F 145 710 G or 06F 145 710 C

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Senator said:
Waste of money if you have the new valve as the OEM is regarded as superior

New OEM Piston type:
Part No: 06H 145 710 D

Old diaphragm type used until approx late 2008.
Part No: 06F 145 710 G or 06F 145 710 C

Do you think the Forge will be just as good as the OEM new part? are they any different in design?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The Forge is supposedly slower. Also one major tuner will not warrant their Stg III on the 2.0TFSI without the the OEM piston valve.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Senator said:
The Forge is supposedly slower. Also one major tuner will not warrant their Stg III on the 2.0TFSI without the the OEM piston valve.
If you had the choice which one would you go for? I see you have the forge but the way you talking about the OEM part I presume it came out after you got the forge DV?

·
Registered
665 Posts
conneem said:
Yep, Forge DV is not really necessary now that the revised piston type OEM is availible and cheaper, the Forge requires servicing every now and then also.

I have the full Milltek exhaust, it will give you about 15hp and 15lb/ft more. Here are some videos of the sound :)

I've never considered getting a Milltek exhaust system, always associating enhanced exhaust systems with boy racers, but that does sound well! How much did it cost you Conneem?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Doff said:
Will def go with the new oem piston type, was not aware of that it existed. Thanks a Load!

@Conneem, was it worth the money?
It does cost a fair bit for the full exhaust but it really does free up the top end and extends peak power to over 7k rpm unlike standard where it hits a brick wall just over 6k rpm. Turbo spools up quicker and it sounds nice too :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
conneem said:
Doff said:
Will def go with the new oem piston type, was not aware of that it existed. Thanks a Load!

@Conneem, was it worth the money?
It does cost a fair bit for the full exhaust but it really does free up the top end and extends peak power to over 7k rpm unlike standard where it hits a brick wall just over 6k rpm. Turbo spools up quicker and it sounds nice too :)
Do you notice the few extra horsepower in day-to-day driving?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
MINI-TTGuy said:
At lowish revs there is not much extra gain except for the turbo spooling up much quicker. It starts picking up at 5k rpm and by 6.5k rpm mine made 18 hp and 12 lb/ft over standard (standard power seems to fall off over 6k). Makes the power delivery more N/A like in the top end :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
conneem said:
MINI-TTGuy said:
At lowish revs there is not much extra gain except for the turbo spooling up much quicker. It starts picking up at 5k rpm and by 6.5k rpm mine made 18 hp and 12 lb/ft over standard. Makes the power delivery more N/A like in the top end :)
I think I don't drive my TT hard enough - I rarely go over 3000rpm! :lol: :lol:
A Milltek exhaust would be wasted on me! :p :p :p :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
MINI-TTGuy said:
conneem said:
MINI-TTGuy said:
At lowish revs there is not much extra gain except for the turbo spooling up much quicker. It starts picking up at 5k rpm and by 6.5k rpm mine made 18 hp and 12 lb/ft over standard. Makes the power delivery more N/A like in the top end :)
I think I don't drive my TT hard enough - I rarely go over 3000rpm! :lol: :lol:
A Milltek exhaust would be wasted on me! :p :p :p :lol: :lol:
:lol: I think you would suit a diesel better.

·
Registered
665 Posts
McKenzie said:
quote]

:lol: I think you would suit a diesel better.
Well I'd certainly welcome the improvement in mpg, but I still think it's a crime to put a David Brown engine in a TT!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.