Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car unlocked as usual with the Renote, keys in the ignition, everything came on as normal, turned the key and..... and then poof - everything went off and I mean EVERYTHING!!! Central-locking, lights, radio, ignition, you name it and it's dead!! Total power failure.
I'm hoping it's a fuse - will check tomorrow (had to get a taxi home!!!).
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? Which fuse controls everything???

:(

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,581 Posts
Hi richml, Don't believe there is a fuse that controls everything, probably just a flat/duff battery. Check connections on battery first, but I expect battery wants rechargeing or replacing. Try jump starting from another battery.
Hoggy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hoggy, yes I know there is not just the one fuse that controls the lot - that's what worries me!! The obvious thing is the battery but I would be amazed if it's flat, driven daily and not in cold conditions. If it IS the battery I'll be pleased but I'll let you know. Thanks. :lol:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Harold said:
Hi richml, Don't believe there is a fuse that controls everything, probably just a flat/duff battery. Check connections on battery first, but I expect battery wants rechargeing or replacing. Try jump starting from another battery.
Hoggy.
try the main fuses ontop of the battery,in a little box

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
richml said:
Hi Hoggy, yes I know there is not just the one fuse that controls the lot - that's what worries me!! The obvious thing is the battery but I would be amazed if it's flat, driven daily and not in cold conditions. If it IS the battery I'll be pleased but I'll let you know. Thanks. :lol:
Not so. On top of the battery is a fuse panel...

S134 (110A) and S132 (50A) are paralleled to fuse the feed from the battery to the main circuit 30 (the primary 12v circuit from which virtually everything else derives)

It has been known for the bolts holding these down to become loose/corroded and thus cut off all electrics...

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
TTmarlin said:
tell you what, i had this before and it was the ignition switch which is screwed onto the back of the ign barrel
faulty ignition switch could also be a cause of a similar fault... each will have different symptoms... specifically what does and does not come on/work.. for example a faulty ignition switch will not affect central locking or radio..they should still work...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.