Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This is my first post, so fingers crossed!
I have a 2016 2.0 TFSI Manual FWD Coupe and unsurprisingly under harsh acceleration I get loads of wheel spin.馃槉
What is surprising is the amount of wheel bounce I get from the passenger side front wheel. What I would call 'Axle-Tramp' if it were a rear wheel drive live axle car.
I'm guessing that its the passenger side due to the extra weight of me being on the driver side, but is this normal or do I need new shock absorbers?
Thanks.

Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
Hi, Welcome to the TTF.
As the FWD is easy to spin the wheels I believe it's fairly normal due to the different driveshaft lengths. Lighter boots required:LOL:
Do the tyres have plenty of tread?
Hoggy. :)

Registered
I used to get that on my Scirocco if I was being a bit too vigorous. Just a case of moderating it a bit.

Registered
I used to get the same in my Mk7 Golf GTI, identical chassis, albeit probably with different suspension rates.

If you spun the front wheels on that you'd get some form of axle tramp on the car, which felt and sounded quite violent. Fairly common on that chassis.

Registered
Ive had 4 wheel bounce on My TTS and Sline quattro. on entrances of roundabouts on slippery roads

Registered
TT Coupe 2.0 Quattro Mk3
Our 16 plate A3 (1.4 TSi) does it too if I am heavy footed pulling away at a junction on damp roads, makes a thump that was a bit of a shock the first time.

Registered
I used to get that on my Scirocco if I was being a bit too vigorous. Just a case of moderating it a bit.
On the Rocco you could buy an offset front wishbone kit ... so instead of the front wheels bouncing it would just wheelspin instead. Not sure on the TT as different chassis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts