Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner has just bought a new (06 plate) car.Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX.
Its what she wanted so more time for me to drive the TT!!
Anyway the salesman offered her this Gap insurance which,as far as I can see,is meant to pay out any difference between the price you paid for it and what your car insurer offers you in event of a total write off.We normally wouldnt bother but our lad (17years)is learning to drive and he will drive this when he passes.Heaven forbid that he comes to any harm in it but we wondered if any one had taken out this type of insurance or had any experiences of it?
Not directly related to Mk 1 TT I know so tell me nicely if I should put it in another thread? :)

PS £399 for 3 years

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
When i bought mine i was offered the same thing. £300 for 3 years i considered it but declined. Others on here will say if you do decide to go for it do some haggling, you'd be surprised at what you could eventually get it down to. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I bought mine for only 1 year from Click4gap on the web. £69 for 1 year because I only planned on keeping it for a year but 2 years was only a little more. A friend of mine had a claim and no problems paying out. Not sure if his was same company though.

Scotty.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Qooqiiu and Scotty225. No sooner posted and two sound replys.This forum is really impressive in the way other members help each other out.
Will search for a quote with click4Gap and then can beat the stealer down if better quote than his.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.