1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brave guy....

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
What SHIT :!:

Just another Jewish production.

Can you imagine the uproar if it were a Muslim making a film about the unbelievably aggressive state of Israel...

It wouldn't get past the stage 1.

Who has the power?

Why on earth do the Jews feel so threatened?

They rule the fucking world for god sake, Fiance, the media, politics, all sewn up.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
qooqiiu said:
What SHIT :!:

Just another Jewish production.

Can you imagine the uproar if it were a Muslim making a film about the unbelievably aggressive state of Israel...

It wouldn't get past the stage 1.

Who has the power?

Why on earth do the Jews feel so threatened?

They rule the fucking world for god sake, Fiance, the media, politics, all sewn up.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Adam TTR said:
Dont comment on things you obviously know nothing about... you end up offending people on a mixed race/religeon forum.

I always try and refrain from religeous talk....
This is a forum......a thread was posted....as a member i have the right to express an opinion.

This is what ive done.

I have broken NO laws, if ive offended, tough shit.

I think some muslin members might be offended by their religion being portrayed in such a one sided way. (AS usual)

qooqiiu (28 year old white male)...Atheist

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
qooqiiu said:
I think some muslin members might be offended by their religion being portrayed in such a one sided way. (AS usual)
Of course it's one sided, it is one mans opinion. It's not a debate in itself, but a catalyst to have one. And about time too. I think Geert is very brave to stand by his conviction that the Netherlands (his birthland) should uphold the right of its citizens to have freedom of speech. Your other comments imply that you concur with this viewpoint.

Why is that we can say what we like about any religion except Islam (something an atheist should appreciate) without incurring threats to life? It's about time we said "NO MORE"! I'm not against anyone following whatever religion or philosophy they want to, but I do object to being told what I can and can't say and think in my own country!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hmm..

Just read back what i wrote and i have to admit, any stranger who doesnt know me for Adam (no pun intended) may well label me as an anti Semite.

I can assure you im not.

The thing that pisses me off more than anything is inequality, be it the monarchy situation in this country or the sickening in equality in Palestine.

We have a strong Jewish bias to the media this is country, that is irrefutable.

That's what ive a problem with.

I think Roy Hattersley summed it up perfectly when he said: "Religion is self delusion".

I wish everyone thought this way. :?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
qooqiiu said:
Hmm..

Just read back what i wrote and i have to admit, any stranger who doesnt know me for Adam (no pun intended) may well label me as an anti Semite.

I can assure you im not.

The thing that pisses me off more than anything is inequality, be it the monarchy situation in this country or the sickening in equality in Palestine.

We have a strong Jewish bias to the media this is country, that is irrefutable.

That's what ive a problem with.

I think Roy Hattersley summed it up perfectly when he said: "Religion is self delusion".

I wish everyone thought this way. :?
But everyone doesn't and never will think in the way you would wish. That's why we must be tolerant of other peoples right to have freedom of speech. The fact that you and I can agree to disagree without fear of persecution is something that our forefathers layed down their lives for in terrible wars of the past. I do not agree with your view that judaism is controlling this country (in fact, it often seems that no fu**er is at the helm!).
The opposite to these points is fundamental Islam, whereby anybody that is a non-believer is fair game for slaughter. This is wrong.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Adam TTR said:
Be careful when talking about Israelis and Jews, they are actually entirely different entities. There are many non jewish Israelis!
I know this.

I'm not on here to actively offend anyone either.

So disregard what i said about tough shit if i offended you. I did not mean to, ok Adam. :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
GhosTTy said:
The opposite to these points is fundamental Islam, whereby anybody that is a non-believer is fair game for slaughter. This is wrong.
Totally agree.... but this is purely extremists, like I said, I have alot of muslim friends (plus 2 in my family - removed) who can easily see both ends of the scale.

Muslims stretch over such a far scale its impossible to talk about the in general... all have different views of Islam and how it should be portrayed.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adam TTR said:
GhosTTy said:
Totally agree.... but this is purely extremists, like I said, I have alot of muslim friends (plus 2 in my family) who can easily see both ends of the scale.

Muslims stretch over such a far scale its impossible to talk about the in general... all have different views of Islam and how it should be portrayed.
I totally agree with you. It's up to your Muslim friends and other followers of their faith to take back their religion from the extremists that are denegrating it. I have nothing against Muslims. I have have good friends of all faiths - and non-faiths. My post is an admiration of Geert following his conviction. By doing so, he has put his life at risk. True Muslims must put a stop to this and allow freedom of speech. Then we can all integrate and get on with a peaceful life.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
qooqiiu said:
qooqiiu said:
So disregard what i said about tough shit if i offended you. I did not mean to, ok Adam. :)
That's whats known in the trade as an olive branch :roll:
No offense taken but do look at the bigger picture.... there are no rights and wrongs in this case.

Its different beliefs that are clashing and it, in reality, will never end until world war 3, which will probably be the end of the world!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
"Look at the bigger picture".

That's ever so slightly patronising. I, unlike you, can see the situation for what it is. Your religion / race, call it what you like blinkers you from being truly impartial.

That film would carry more credence if it were made by anyone who didn't have a vested interest.

How can a Jewish film maker possibly make a dispassionate impartial film about Islam?

Impossible.

IL leave it at that

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
qooqiiu said:
That film would carry more credence if it were made by anyone who didn't have a vested interest.

How can a Jewish film maker possibly make a dispassionate impartial film about Islam?
You're still missing the point. Whether it's impartial or not, it's his right to say what he thinks. Have you watched it?
Do you believe it's right that his life should now be in danger from 'some' Muslims because he made it?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Yes Ghostly of course i watched it. What i wrote about not having clicked on the link was the directed to the "who wants to be an anti semite" before it was a picture it was *****#####[llppp].

Yes he has a right to make it.

No he shouldn't have to fear for his life as a result.

I will say it only once more, the film was totally one sided and only serves to portray Muslims in a negative way.

Films like this are destructive.

·
Registered
675 Posts
qooqiiu said:
I have to ask, why do they rule your fiance? :roll: :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.