Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As you can see from my signature picture my TT likes to wear german style plates which look absolutely fantastic until the plod were following me the other night!

They said they are clamping down on plates even though mine are spaced out correctly, they did me for having a D instead of a GB under the ring of euro gold stars because my car was registered in the UK, also they werent too impressed with the Bayern sticker and the german tax sticker!!

I know I shouldnt have them on really, but apparently the reason for them clamping down is because of all the new plate identifying camera's they are putting up everywhere that can tell if your taxed and insured etc as you pass them.

Cheers Rich

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
TT Lee said:
Have never heard of them doing you for the D insted of the GB on a plate before. Its ushaly because of the spacing and tex used.[/quoteThey just want to rob as much from there new cash cow the motorist as they can :evil: :evil:
They have a 2 war to pay for banning smoking in public will also have hit ther tax income hard so they have got to get it back some how :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a joke, like you say they have to make money somehow. My text wasn't the standard font but the german font isn't far off as you can see on the pic!!

Been and produced my docs and MOT producer today, oh my wallet is slightly lighter too!

Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was on the A11 today and in a layby near Mildenhall was an unmarked saloon car with a neon display in the back window stating 'DVLA check'. On a tripod next the car was a camera facing oncoming traffic...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I really like the look of the German style plates but after hearing recently about how much aggro
members were having regarding being pulled I decided to go for new black carbon surrounds and completely plain plates.
There are 3 local guys to me who have all had to remove their German style plates as well.
John.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
i like these alot the whole package, d, german stickers, german fonts.

what's the best looking legal ones?

·
Premium Member
14,444 Posts
ezz said:
had mine on for over a year with no pulls :p and drive passed camera plate readers all the time. 1 good thing to come out of living in london :?

im touching wood :oops:
Don't worry you WILL be pulled as I was and now they are not just warning you like I was. They are giving out instant fines like sweets to kids. Get ready to change your plates and to do a producer. :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ezz said:
i think there is to many crackheads in london to worrie about my little old german plates.... plus i keep a set of plates in the car incase :wink: sorry officer i just came from a photo shot :oops: honest, :p
I had legal plates in the boot and offered to change them there and then, but the pc wasnt having any of it!!

·
Premium Member
14,444 Posts
ezz said:
how about this 1 then,will keep the german plate on the front,and the uk 1 on the back... that should solve it :p
Ermmmmm ...na. I got done from the front. Copper stood out in the road and waved me over, no police cars etc from behind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ezz said:
how about this 1 then,will keep the german plate on the front,and the uk 1 on the back... that should solve it :p
If I was you I would just keep the german plates on until you get busted! if you have had them for so long now there is no point of changing the rear plate,
only problem iv got is that mine are private and once you get dun three times the dvla can take the rights to the plate off you and it would have to go back onto the original reg with no refund to me for what I paid for the private reg!
This is the third time iv been busted for illeagal plates for them being spaced incorrectly being too small and for them being german style! so im really pushing it now, hopefully I wont get them taken off me as they cost a fair wedge!! especially when I change car etc,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.