Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cars now 10 years old, and the door glass is fine, but the windscreen could do with smartening up.....

There are 'marks' where the wipers have worked, not scratches, In fact I could best describe it as a shadow.... :?

Is there a method to polish the glass? would a DA polisher work on a fine compound?

thanks

OG

·
4,806 Posts
Polishing (for paint) compounds will not touch glass.

There are polishing kits available specifically for glass available - IIRC "Cetem" make one. However, a word of caution, I've seen two instances were these polishing kits have been used and left the driver with distorted vision. Possibly through over enthusiastic polishing of affected areas; it would seem it left "facets" in the glass optically distorting the view. New windscreens required!

The compound supplied with these kits obviously work - you need to be careful. In your case, you don't seem to have any obvious and deep scratches to remove, so possibly the kit will work for you. Anything deeper that could be felt with a finger nail is likely to result in the distorted view if it were to be removed totally.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts