Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got any details IE part numbers for the gloss grill ,my car is due in about 3 weeks and i want it fitted at the dealership ready for collection.
Dealer cannot seam to find out as to whether it is a straight swap and how many clips they will break doing it

·
Registered
549 Posts
RSTT posted a short 'how-to' here ... http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... ront+grill

Given there is no mention to the screws that are accessible with the bonnet open i'm guessing they can easily be located and unscrewed.

Looks like the only risk of something breaking is the fittings of the front fog light surrounds, mitigated with a bit of due care and attention though.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
As said, dealer should have no problem in finding the right part number. I had mine done by the dealer foc - the 4 ring badge on the grill had some "corrosion" marks on it so I asked for a new badge. "only come complete with the grill" says the dealer. OK, can I have a gloss black one then? Certainly Sir, its on the warranty.

I pointed out that there was a 'short cut' way of changing the grill but they said they had to do the job iaw Audi workshop manual instructions, which I think means removing the bumper. No worries, dealer made a good job and the grill looks just right on a black car. :p

The part number must be on the back of the grill, so sorry, no chance of me being able to get that for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.