Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2010 Tdi, very pleased with the fuel economy and performance........ but....... :p is there anything I could do to make it quicker/faster :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
How mad do you want to go?

1. Remap - 205bhp
2. DPF delete + Remap - 230bhp
3. 2 plus Bigger Turbo + Remap - 260bhp
4. 3 plus Bigger Injectors + Remap - ???
5. 4 plus Water/Methanol Injection + bigger washer bottle! - 260bhp and 40MPG :lol:

Anything upto 300bhp and 450lb/ft of torque is possible if you have the money....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Wayneb05 said:
Hi, I have a 2010 Tdi, very pleased with the fuel economy and performance........ but....... :p is there anything I could do to make it quicker/faster :evil:
We have a seat Leon 2.0TDI running 210bhp :), 170bhp isnt too bad, but the is so much better..

Drop me a pm and ill send you some details of what were using.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,059 Posts
Trade it in and get a petrol verison?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,776 Posts
wja96 said:
How mad do you want to go?

1. Remap - 205bhp
2. DPF delete + Remap - 230bhp
3. 2 plus Bigger Turbo + Remap - 260bhp
4. 3 plus Bigger Injectors + Remap - ???
5. 4 plus Water/Methanol Injection + bigger washer bottle! - 260bhp and 40MPG :lol:

Anything upto 300bhp and 450lb/ft of torque is possible if you have the money....
Can i be a dope and ask what DPF delete is?? I want 230bhp please :D :D :D

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
I think the real benefit of a remap isn't unlocking some extra power, it's unlocking quite a bit more torque all across the rev range. So the car feels like it pulls harder which is pretty much the effect most folks are going for I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
Does any of this give Audi yet another excuse to invalidate your warranty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
A 'standard' 205-210bhp map is somewhere between £350 and £600 from a host of tuners. JabbaSport, Custom Code, P-Torque, Revo, Shark Performance are all reputable tuners.

And yes, it will invalidate anything warranty wise to do with the engine and potentially other components eg. gearbox.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
981 Posts
wja96 said:
MP said:
Yes, I agree. Am I missing the point somewhere?
Yes. In a word - it's all about torque. Or company car tax liability. Or fuel economy. Or all of the above.
Company car tax? I don't know who you work for but I know my fleet department will have a few issues with this!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,059 Posts
Just opt out and you dont have to settle for second best....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
Toshiba said:
Just opt out and you dont have to settle for second best....
I don't think diesel quattro is second best to 2.0TFSi with FWD. I do 30,000 miles per year and if I had a petrol I'd spend more time in petrol stations than on the road. And I defy anyone not to love the genuine 'shove in the back' that you get from the diesel engined car. Add on the bargainaceous leasing deals available because of the truly amazing residuals on the diesel and I honestly cannot see why anyone would have the petrol car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,059 Posts
Diesels only revs to 300rpm then you have to change gear.
Who cares about how often you fill up? this doesnt make anything good or bad.
Agree any car with quattro is better then fwd
Why would anyone lease a car, its simply dead money - do you think the lease companies make no money doing this :lol:
Resale of petrol and diesel are about the same

..but then again, i don't drive a 20T :p
diesel is a perversion of nature when wrapped in a sporty body..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,065 Posts
You should know better Tosh than to post drivel without basis...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews ... hamps.html

A V6 depreciates quicker than a sinking lead weight for obvious reasons. The market is flooded with hundreds of 2.0t 197bhp versions that they are too common to keep top dollar. It is yet to be seen what happens to the TDI, but my own PCP deal if i remember correctly showed that it will retain at the very least 60% of its intial purchase price after 3yrs.

40% depreciation for 36mths is certainly not to be sniffed at.

I do wish you would stick to factual rather than opinion ;) TDI gear changes at 5000rpm, some 2000rpm shorter than the petrol equiv.

Oh...Why bother renting a house? It's simply dead money. Same basis ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
wja96 said:
I think the real benefit of a remap isn't unlocking some extra power, it's unlocking quite a bit more torque all across the rev range. So the car feels like it pulls harder which is pretty much the effect most folks are going for I think.
If you've unlocked more torque, it IS pulling harder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
leasing vs buying..saves me having 30k tied up in a car, I'd rather have it in the bank (despite current low intrest rates)
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top