Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Very impressive - cant knock the dedication.

what do you put on that to get that finish - insiude the wheel arches is a strange material - like pressed board stapled together..
 
G

·
Nice job. Respect.

Not sure I will go that far.
Crap at 'car lifting'. Last time I tried it, I dropped my ex-mrs's VW Polo on its arse trying to change a wheel. LOL

Bloody useless at manual labour like that.
Can do a great job of cleaning them though. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
huggy said:
Very impressive - cant knock the dedication.

what do you put on that to get that finish - insiude the wheel arches is a strange material - like pressed board stapled together..
Strange materials indeed - some sort of compressed fibre stuff, probably 'green' and recyclable.

All I used was some Viro Sol and a paint brush to agitate it and then washed off with lots of water. That's it.

Viro Sol can be obtained here: http://www.cloverchem.co.uk/uk/index_uk.htm, under Industrial Cleaners/Engineering products, or you can ask them for your local stockist. Excellent stuff for wheel cleaning, citrus based so no nasty acids to attack your wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
Oh ho ho YES!!! [smiley=sweetheart.gif] Great work Brian!

It's all in the detail [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

When you do it again next week, give everything a good blast of Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Treatment or Meguiars All Season Dressing - it provides a good protective base to make subsequent cleaning a bit easier

Quality. My heart is warmed [smiley=iloveyou.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,059 Posts
Calipers look good in black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oli660 said:
VicTT said:
Excellent stuff for wheel cleaning, citrus based so no nasty acids to attack your wheels.
err.. you sure about that?
Yup. As recommended by the forum cleaning magician Jac-in-a-box.

Of Viro Sol, under the heading of "Wheel Cleaner"he says:

Brilliant stuff; for heavy soiling spray on neat and allow to soak for 5-10 mins and hose off - stubborn deposits may need a little agitating. Normal soiling dilute 1:10 with water and apply as above. It wont damage the wheels finish or brakes unlike some acidic products. 50 litres of wheel cleaner for around £6
Don't use it on the paintwork - it'll strip the wax off (wont damage the paint though) and don't use it on the leather. Otherwise its fine just about anywhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oli660 said:
VicTT said:
Excellent stuff for wheel cleaning, citrus based so no nasty acids to attack your wheels.
err.. you sure about that?
Yup. As recommended by the forum cleaning magician Jac-in-a-box.

Of Viro Sol, under the heading of "Wheel Cleaner"he says:

Brilliant stuff; for heavy soiling spray on neat and allow to soak for 5-10 mins and hose off - stubborn deposits may need a little agitating. Normal soiling dilute 1:10 with water and apply as above. It wont damage the wheels finish or brakes unlike some acidic products. 50 litres of wheel cleaner for around £6
Don't use it on the paintwork - it'll strip the wax off (wont damage the paint though) and don't use it on the leather. Otherwise its fine just about anywhere
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,962 Posts
:lol:

I just looked again, because i couldn´t believe my eyes, you actualy cleaned that part of your car so perfect.

You must have a ugly wive or you must realy love your car till death :lol:

How in earth can some-one with a reasonable set of brains do that totaly nonsens job?

Let me gues...you are now praying, that i won't be raining tomorrow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
VicTT said:
oli660 said:
VicTT said:
Excellent stuff for wheel cleaning, citrus based so no nasty acids to attack your wheels.
err.. you sure about that?
Yup. As recommended by the forum cleaning magician Jac-in-a-box.

Of Viro Sol, under the heading of "Wheel Cleaner"he says:

Brilliant stuff; for heavy soiling spray on neat and allow to soak for 5-10 mins and hose off - stubborn deposits may need a little agitating. Normal soiling dilute 1:10 with water and apply as above. It wont damage the wheels finish or brakes unlike some acidic products. 50 litres of wheel cleaner for around £6
Don't use it on the paintwork - it'll strip the wax off (wont damage the paint though) and don't use it on the leather. Otherwise its fine just about anywhere
I was referring more to the statement.. if something is citrus based, surely that implies it contains citrus acid which would in turn react to the metal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
998 Posts
Nice job there Vic....luvin' the "Black" calipers too...

Just interested in where you put the front axle stand - it looks like there's a pce of ali engine block being used.....?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oli660 said:
VicTT said:
oli660 said:
VicTT said:
Excellent stuff for wheel cleaning, citrus based so no nasty acids to attack your wheels.
err.. you sure about that?
Yup. As recommended by the forum cleaning magician Jac-in-a-box.

Of Viro Sol, under the heading of "Wheel Cleaner"he says:

Brilliant stuff; for heavy soiling spray on neat and allow to soak for 5-10 mins and hose off - stubborn deposits may need a little agitating. Normal soiling dilute 1:10 with water and apply as above. It wont damage the wheels finish or brakes unlike some acidic products. 50 litres of wheel cleaner for around £6
Don't use it on the paintwork - it'll strip the wax off (wont damage the paint though) and don't use it on the leather. Otherwise its fine just about anywhere
I was referring more to the statement.. if something is citrus based, surely that implies it contains citrus acid which would in turn react to the metal?
Ah yes but I did say "no nasty acid" And I was comparing to a product such as Wonder Wheels which contains Hydrochloric acid and Phosphoric acid (total acid content 5%). I don't think many on here will want to be using that on their wheels.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top