Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I wanted to keep track of all the changes to my TTr, so thought there is no better place than on here. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions are more than welcome. Hope you don't mind.

I dont plan to go mad, but i like speed and subtle changes. Spec of car when purchased: 2003 TT Roadster, 225 bhp, Goodwood Green, Grey interior, FSh, One previous owner, 70K on the clock, standard car.

Here are the jobs done since purchasing my little beauty (not including servicing etc):

• - Engine Cover Bolts purchased and fitted; from SteviedTT
    - Green LED and Dipstick purchased and fitted; from OldGuy
    - Both front lower arm bushes replaced
    - Thermostat and Temp sensor replaced
    - Stage 1 Custom Code Remap
    - Forge Turbo intake fitted
    - Piper Cross Panel filter fitted
    - Forge Recirc valve fitted
    - Fitted Alpine Stereo
    - removed, cleaned, painted and re-fitted lower front grilles
    - refitted Front Grille, newly painted black
    - refitted Rear Audi Rings, newly painted black
    - Painted Coolant Lid, newly painted black
    - Rear de-badged
    - Fitted Eibach springs
    - replaced Top Mounts and Bearings
    - fitted 20mm spacers all round
    - full four wheel alignment
    - Front & Rear Brake Calliper cleaning / painting and decal
    - replaced Top Mounts with VW Polo mounts to bring front down by 14mm (1.4cm)
    - painted Valance Matt Black and added 'quattro' decal
    - painted fuel cap matt black
    - split headlights, painted black, tinted indicator lenses, added CCFLs (this is my favourite)
    - two new brake sensors
    - new brake light switch
    - new headlamp cap (grey cap at the back of the front headlamp)
    - Install VTDA supplied by Steve Shwing at Modshack - Done
    - replace 'insulating rubber' as supplied by Modshack - Done
    - fitted OSIR ring
    - removed and powder coated Inlet manifold and Charger Pipe
    - removed, cleaned and painted Throttle Body

FIRST PICTURES: first drive was back to my house for some pictures...

STARTED TO CLEAN UP THE ENGINE BAY:

Before.. looking tired and unloved

Now:

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Ah really nice car mate. Great feeling putting little touches on your car. Know how you feel, i picked up my QS 3 months ago. Mind you beware! those little touches turn into big ones if your not careful...... :lol: I said i was going to keep mine standard...... well that didn't last long!! Gets worse at the end of the month, visit to the TT shop... :p all good though.

Damien.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTSPORT666 said:
Ah really nice car mate. Great feeling putting little touches on your car. Know how you feel, i picked up my QS 3 months ago. Mind you beware! those little touches turn into big ones if your not careful...... :lol: I said i was going to keep mine standard...... well that didn't last long!! Gets worse at the end of the month, visit to the TT shop... :p all good though.

Damien.
Thanks Chaps.

yup, had the car a few weeks and already remapped with some other subtle little fittings. I think rims and spacers next, or maybe an exhaust...decisions , decisions.. :D

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
When are you going to change the tax disc holder? ;-). Quite nice!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lovely Roadster :)

Few Q's;

Do your rear tyres not match? Mine don't either, who does that! I need to attend to this!
Was changing the door LED's a pain?
Would you recommend a Custom Code remap?

Keep up the excellent work 8)

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I wish more people did this. I do love reading a BT build, but it's just nice to see some people make little touches and keep track of what they are doing, bit by bit. I'll probably do my own 'build' thread in the next few weeks. Good work, car is nice by the way.... For a rag top! :p

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
also what offended you about cleaning the exhaust tips as well as the car :p its looking good tho :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Brendanb86 said:
I wish more people did this. I do love reading a BT build, but it's just nice to see some people make little touches and keep track of what they are doing, bit by bit. I'll probably do my own 'build' thread in the next few weeks. Good work, car is nice by the way.... For a rag top! :p
Perhaps you should get on with it. The I cant tighten anything build :p Let the bitching commence!!! don't rise to it brender ;)

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Ha ha ha, I'll give you that one. :lol:

When are you going to do a build thread? You could call it, 'Richie not so Rich after crashing into curbs all the time' :p :lol:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Brendanb86 said:
Ha ha ha, I'll give you that one. :lol:

When are you going to do a build thread? You could call it, 'Richie not so Rich after crashing into curbs all the time' :p :lol:
That was a very unhappy christmas :(. All fixed and good as new now. Thats the problem when you like a car this much everything has to be perfect!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brendanb86 said:
Cheers Brendan - not going mad, but i do like to keep track and this is the perfect place to do that. Also nice to get peoples opinion and ideas....

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yans said:
Lovely Roadster :)

Few Q's;

Do your rear tyres not match? Mine don't either, who does that! I need to attend to this!
Was changing the door LED's a pain?
Would you recommend a Custom Code remap?

Keep up the excellent work 8)
Cheers Yans. I know, I have no idea why people have different tyres...its on my list (but as all tyres have good tread, I am reluctant to spend money, when i could spend it somewhere else :p

I had my CC Remap at MidlandVW - I am very pleased. Pulls smoothly through all the gears and is much more responsive - it feels like it is 'eager to go quicker' - definitely good investment (along with the filters etc)

If i can change the LEDs then anyone can - definitely DIY. The hardest part is putting the door card back together with the Rubber covers at the end :D :D I like these little touches that are subtle, but personable too.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Engine bay is looking very tidy now - good work. You seem to be missing your strut top covers though :?

For exhaust tips you'll need some metal polish - Autosol or Peek from Halfrauds + a bit of elbow grease will see them shining again. They should look something like this:

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] .........oh no!...odd rear tyres... [smiley=bigcry.gif]

1 - 20 of 208 Posts