Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Gran Turismo 5 Prologue came out on Friday for the PS3 and Ive already spent several hours with it. My second car purchase was a Mk2 TT 3.2 Quattro hehe. No Mk1 for Prologue due to its limited car selection (about 70 in total?), however Im sure it'll find its way into the finished game.

Impressed with the game so far, lovely graphics and the online play is not too bad either.

Im primarily an Xbox360 fan, but I bought the PS3 for GT5, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Anyone else picked up GT5p? What do ya think?

·
Registered
346 Posts
im buying it tomorrow mate it looks really good :eek:

have a look at this game thats coming out shortly

:) :)

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
there's a topic on off topic about this

is this the demo, as it's not released until end of next month?

·
Registered
184 Posts
p1tse said:
there's a topic on off topic about this

is this the demo, as it's not released until end of next month?
This is a version called prologue which is a cut down version with the full GT5 due out around autumn time.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,560 Posts
Hi, Got it, playing it, Driving Integra to build up my cash. ID is "Hoggy 10"
Beat if you can!
Hoggy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello guys, newbie here. I'm also a gamer and loving GT5.

I'm more of an XBOX and PGR fan, but you can't knock how great this game looks.

Only picked up my 225 TTR on Friday and still waiting for my Fiat Coupe 20VT to be picked up. Both of which are GTurismo favourites.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
im picking it up this afternoon too :D will deffo catch you guys online for a race if you are online. My screen name is amzchhabra :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
My copy arrived today, 3 days late :x
Anyway, damn impressed at the minute, especially with the active rear spoiler on the mkII tt!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I might be a bit biased cause I make computer games for a living, but GT5 Prologue sucks. The cars look fab, but the shadows are too low rez and if you get close to buildings and tree's they look rubbish. GT is a brind that could release anything and it could sell despite it being rubbish, which is what they have done.

Just my thoughts anyway.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RickyTT said:
I might be a bit biased cause I make computer games for a living, but GT5 Prologue sucks. The cars look fab, but the shadows are too low rez and if you get close to buildings and tree's they look rubbish. GT is a brind that could release anything and it could sell despite it being rubbish, which is what they have done.

Just my thoughts anyway.
Id be interested to hear which racing games you think look better graphically when everything in taken into consideration (lighting etc).

Personally I think PGR4 looks amazing but in different ways. The weather effects being particularly well done.

Be fair though, the detail on Picadilly Circus in GT5 is very nice 8)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just recieved an email from Sony telling me to check out GT5 prologue,
So are the graphice that good as I'v not had a chance to look at it yet

Also anyone here useing Monster cables ? to connect PS3 To Tv using HDMI ? If so do you think they are worth the money ? Its cost me a small fortune already for the Monster cables and the clean power circut breaker

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just got GT5 and I love it. My 6th car purchase was the R8 which is good but very fast and a bit tail happy. Not sure the real one would flip out as much but I was going round the oval track at 160+ :lol:

Great game.

We should all meet up online one night for a race, should be fun!

Scotty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.