Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is sitting on my desk at work and I've another 5 hours before I leave :evil:

I can feel a stomach ache coming on. :roll: :wink:

Can't wait to get home and try this out!

Graham

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Saw this reviewed and it looks great. I don't have a PS3 though.

:?

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Mine should be dropping through the letterbox any minute, if the lazy arse postie gets his shit in order (he may have drowned as it's pi$$ing down here).

Still not 100% sure on its purpose as isn't it just a taster/scaled down full version that's due out later this year?? We had the free PS3 download which was a couple of tracks & about 10 cars with limited gameplay, so i guess this expands on that, but is still only a slice of the full game?

I guess for £18 it don't really matter. When does the full version get launched? Had an email from Game that the PSP version is delayed again & won't now be launched until the end of May.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
W7 PMC said:
...Still not 100% sure on its purpose as isn't it just a taster/scaled down full version that's due out later this year?? We had the free PS3 download which was a couple of tracks & about 10 cars with limited gameplay, so i guess this expands on that, but is still only a slice of the full game?...
Yep, that's exactly what it is. I don't mind shelling out £18 for a 'Demo' of the real thing - this will keep me interested until then. :wink: This is far more than the download version which I've been using and I can barely keep my eyes of the clock - only another 3 hours to go.

There is already an update to it which is downloaded from their site once you install it for the first time. Bugger that, I'm just going to get on the track and have a blast. :p

Graham

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Love_iTT said:
...is sitting on my desk at work a

I can feel a stomach ache coming on. :roll: :wink:
Ditto :)
Packagings pretty crud though, 3 pics on the back and nothing in the manual worth reading.

tick tock...

Do you have a PS id?

If this is as good as it is on screen it was worth the wait.

http://www.granturismoworld.com/media/l ... 7/03_2.jpg

·
Registered
795 Posts
Can you drive a yellow Elise through the Alps for me please? :wink:

only draw back I can see is no dual player mode (though you can play online...)

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
W7 PMC said:
Still not 100% sure on its purpose as isn't it just a taster/scaled down full version that's due out later this year?? We had the free PS3 download which was a couple of tracks & about 10 cars with limited gameplay, so i guess this expands on that, but is still only a slice of the full game?
When GT4 launched, they did exactly the same. IT was basically a very, very cut down version of the game, but what it did allow you to do was go through all the 'learner' rounds and transfer all your medals to the real game when it came along.

So when the proper one came along a little while later, you could just get right into it without having to do all the annoying set up stuff.

I'd love a PS3, but I'm too bsuy being a Rock God on my Wii to get one. [smiley=dude.gif]

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW, WOW and F&%^ing WOW. :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is just so awesome! I typically got home late because of a sudden urgent job which came in at the last moment but as soon as I got in I installed it, did a system update and watched the first cut scene.

If you have seen videos on your computer of it or seen the downloadable version and you thought that was good then wait 'till you've seen this - fantastic!

Right, I'm off now to have a blast - see ya!

Graham

·
Registered
362 Posts
No fair. My copy is sitting in my car and will be until 10pm tomorrow night. Won't get home to play it till then :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Got mine this morning. Just had a blast round London in a Cooper. Gutted I can't afford a TT yet, need to make some cash so my PS3 garage matches my real life driveway!

PS - It's fab in 1080p on the big screen... 115 inches of Trafalgar Sq is stunning!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
TT in the garage now, he he he he.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,558 Posts
Hi, Got my copy this morning. "Hoggy10" will see you on the track sometime.
Hoggy

·
Registered
284 Posts
Got my copy this morning 3 days late :evil:
Bloody fantastic, especially like the small touches like the active rear spoiler on the mkII tt!!
user Id "bazruk35"

Be good to race 16 tt forum members online in tt's!

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
My copy was also late :evil: feckin Royal Mail.

Installed last night but had trouble with the update (guess the site was busy) & only finally got that applied at 11ish, so was too tired to start playing. I'll save that for tonight. One thing i couldn't suss out was the Date/Time. It kept saying date/time is not set correctly, but although i could see a calander & clock on the main screen, i saw no way of changing these through options etc. Any ideas how to change this??

No doubt me being thick, but i've got 5hrs set aside tonight for play & don't want to lose any time.

Any tips on best route to decent motors? i.e. initial car/race etc?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
W7 PMC said:

Installed last night but had trouble with the update (guess the site was busy) & only finally got that applied at 11ish, so was too tired to start playing. I'll save that for tonight. One thing i couldn't suss out was the Date/Time. It kept saying date/time is not set correctly, but although i could see a calander & clock on the main screen, i saw no way of changing these through options etc. Any ideas how to change this??

No doubt me being thick, but i've got 5hrs set aside tonight for play & don't want to lose any time.

Mini Cooper S or Ford Focus ST seem like good first buys. The Cooper S got me through the first few races without problems.

Class B races seem quite restrictive on what you can race in (picked up an M3 towards the end of the C class, only to find I can't race it anywhere worth while!).

The time thing must be a bug: I have that, too.

Little hint: slipstreaming. You will need it. :wink:

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
CH_Peter said:
W7 PMC said:

Mini Cooper S or Ford Focus ST seem like good first buys. The Cooper S got me through the first few races without problems.

Class B races seem quite restrictive on what you can race in (picked up an M3 towards the end of the C class, only to find I can't race it anywhere worth while!).

The time thing must be a bug: I have that, too.

Little hint: slipstreaming. You will need it. :wink:
Cheers

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Lucky beggars. Fingers crossed mine should be waiting for me at home - amazon posted it on Friday Royal Mail. Knowing my luck, it's got "lost" in the post.

I imagine my £18 cut-down GT5 / jumped up demo will very soon turn into more like £160! Plan on getting the Logitech G25 - good reviews and it has a clutch pedal. What are other people using?

You'll know if I'm on line. I'll be the one ping-ponging between the armco in your rear view mirror. :lol:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Online gaming seems to have lost its appeal... there's only so many times I can hack being "pwned" by 12 year olds hopped up on red bull that practice 6 hours a day...

...unless you're all in the same boat and we can start our own little Old Feckers With No Reactions GT Club? Those will skillz need not apply.

lancaster98. Add me now! :lol:

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
CH_Peter said:
Online gaming seems to have lost its appeal... there's only so many times I can hack being "pwned" by 12 year olds hopped up on red bull that practice 6 hours a day...

...unless you're all in the same boat and we can start our own little Old Feckers With No Reactions GT Club? Those will skillz need not apply.

lancaster98. Add me now! :lol:
I know what you mean. I've given up with the on-line gaming as it's more hassle than it's worth.

I'll add your ID (no idea what mine is but you'll no doubt see it on the addition etc.) Perhaps we could sort a mini league. Got a few from this forum added, but never been on-line gaming since i added them.

TBH i think i might have actually forgotten how to kick off an on-line game, it's been that long.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.