Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a friendly hello to introduce myself to the forum. My other half has her heart set on an 06 plate TT.

I will have a wander around first then post a new topic asking about any pitfalls and common problems, I just want to find out what to look out for etc on a 1.8 T 150 with 67k on the clock.

We are going to look at one on Sunday and could do with getting up to speed with all things Audi TT.

Last but not least I visited the for sale section straight off but it said I don't have permission to view?? Is there something I need to do first or contact and admin etc??

Many Thanks,

[smiley=skull.gif]

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
Welcome :p make sure the cam belt/water pump etc have been changed

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,553 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the TTF.
Service history is very important. cambelt/water pump every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes first, dash instruments (dashpod) read correctly, coolant temp reaches 90 within a couple of miles & stays there.
Get written confirmation of cambelt/water pump change or reduce price by £500 & get it replaced ASAP.
3.2 V6 no turbo or cambelt to worry about, so should be more reliable, DSG may be weak link, unless you can find a manual.& a nicer exhaust note.
Don't rush into it. A good TT is a wonderful car, a bad un can be a money pit.
Plenty of good uns out there, but probably more bad uns, so as I said don't rush into it.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

The one we are going to look at is a 1.8T and we have been told the cam belt and pump have been done. I will ensure there is written evidence or as you say reduce the price by £500.

Is £500 a rough dealer cost for the job and is this one of them jobs on a TT that is best left to a dealer?

Are there any other common problems or areas of concern to look out for? It is supposed to have FSH but unsure if this is true FASH or not. I will see when we get to look at the paperwork.

Many thanks,

:)

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
To be honest I would trust a good VAG indi more than the dealer they should charge £300/350
Also check every thing on the dash is working correctly temp should sit at 90 it traffic it might rise to about 100/105 but drop back as the fans cut in make sure the fuel gauge and miles to empty on the DIS tally with each other

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.