Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ,after owning a 2002 225 for almost 3 years i stumbled across a 3.2 that ticked all the boxes. I had originally wanted a 3.2 but could not find what i wanted in the distance i was prepared to travel so settled for a 225 ,denim blue ,black leather. I have to admit that I loved every minute of the 225 ,apart from the expensive slave cylinder , springs ,thermostat and a few other issues that 225 Drivers learn are part of ownership.(and not part of warranty)
Anyway , i came across the 3.2 quite local at a small private Garage. I think the color is Glacier Blue ... i haven't had the log book back yet , but it looks like a lightish metalic Grey. The interior is my favorite Tan (Aniseed?) . I picked the car up a week ago last Friday and have been overwhelmed by it............ compared to the 225 its a completely different beast and drove it solidly (my main car for work is a Vovo V50 D) UNTIL................Last night,,, on the way home from work i was on a 60mph straight that i know well but was travelling well below this approaching a well known accident spot cross roads which often traffic pull out on you on not realizing the speed of the road, only this time the driver of the offending car didnt realise a cross road was ahead of him.... i sweve thinking i just might make it between him and the white van rapidly approaching on the other side of the carrigeway.. but no good ,he hits me (the volvo)with his front nearside, shunts me into the rear of the van... the vans back wheel and suspension part and he ends up 180 deg round on the wrong side . The Volvo completes the crossing minor damage to his left part of his bumper, i bet his tracking isnt even out !

Damage : Nearside from windscreen back like a cheese grater , offside from rear side window back similar. Both back wheels looked out of line. One back alloy is split. Both back lights Knackered. Overall , im 99 % sure its a write-off.

It is a miracle no one was injured , i still cant see how we all escaped. The Volvo driver was the most shook up of all,,, he had his wife and daughter with him ... how he didnt see the STOP sign and the STOP in the Tarmac i just dont know.

Good news is he has instructed his insurance that he is totally to blame so (hopefully) the usual insurance crap shouldn't happen.

What really annoyed me was my insurance breakdown phone line.... i was queued in excess of 40 min till my phone died. The cop who was present ( he was brilliant) got me a tow truck and even gave me a lift to the nearest pub where i phoned a mate to pick me up. Terrible service from breakdown service.

Sorry , but im glad i just got that all off my chest...... it was the best car ive ever owned perhaps ever driven.

Dont know whats going to happen now , have to see what the insurance comes up with !

I cant even say W****R Volvo driver can i ?

Its testament to the design of the TT though it absorbed the impact(s) and still kept me pointing forward all within a dramatic swerve maneuver.

Absolutely Gutted,gutted ,gutted............... Mark

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Sorry to hear. :cry: Hopefully you'll be able to find another one.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
ahhhhhhh mate feeling for you, glad no one was hurt but it sounds like you where in love :( start looking for a new one....

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

I think that says it all.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
[smiley=bigcry.gif] oh mate gutted for you but at the same time so glad nobody was hurt.
Amazing how you make do for 3 years then when you get what you really want it only lasts a couple of weeks, funny thing life isn't it :?

I do like the quote below from your post though, good news for TT owners really.

COMA628 said:
Its testament to the design of the TT though it absorbed the impact(s) and still kept me pointing forward all within a dramatic swerve maneuver.
Hope you get sorted out soon and find another V6 to put the smile back on your face.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, but thankfully you are ok. Hopefully the insurance procedure will go smoothly and you can get another one or get this repaired if it is repairable.

Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Gutted for you I hope they are doing the Volvo driver for driving with out due care and attention

1 - 20 of 32 Posts