Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
I looked at the H&R lowering springs but after lots of looking around and research found they do not lower the facelift cars .
Apex -40 was the only option I could find for a spring only option. They will drop the facelift by 25mm or so

I have opted to fit coilovers for a few reasons including lowering the car around 25mm

HTH :)

Mark

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
conlechi said:
I looked at the H&R lowering springs but after lots of looking around and research found they do not lower the facelift cars .
Apex -40 was the only option I could find for a spring only option. They will drop the facelift by 25mm or so

I have opted to fit coilovers for a few reasons including lowering the car around 25mm

Mark
Hi mark,

Thanks yeah have thinking the same, actually got the car booked in for Friday for springs, but possible regretting it now.
What coilovers you got?

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
fredwa said:
conlechi said:

Mark
Hi mark,

Thanks yeah have thinking the same, actually got the car booked in for Friday for springs, but possible regretting it now.
What coilovers you got?
I am going for the KW variant 1's , a mid range coilover, the dampers are pre-set and you can adjust the height to suit your preferences . I had fully adjustable coilovers last time but didn't mess much win the damping , good reviews etc
Here http://www.awesomegti.com/car/audi/tt8n ... -4wd-10-98

I tried 3 different setup's on my old MK1 , from lowering springs to spring and shocks combination to finally coilovers . If you can cancel the springs and opt for coilovers It might save you doing again

Mark

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
fredwa said:
Thanks mark yeah they look a good price, I really am tempted to cancel and re schedule , but feel bit bad as been hampering the TT shop with loads of questions etc
Have a chat with them ,it's got to be right for you I am sure they won't mind if you will be spending more £'s with them .
In the long run if you have the springs and decide to change them you will be paying for 2 lots of labour .

Mark

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
conlechi said:
fredwa said:
Thanks mark yeah they look a good price, I really am tempted to cancel and re schedule , but feel bit bad as been hampering the TT shop with loads of questions etc
Have a chat with them ,it's got to be right for you I am sure they won't mind if you will be spending more £'s with them .
In the long run if you have the springs and decide to change them you will be paying for 2 lots of labour .

Mark
Yeah your right mate, will give them a bell tomorrow,
Thanks for your advice.

Have a good one

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
conlechi said:
I looked at the H&R lowering springs but after lots of looking around and research found they do not lower the facelift cars.
They will lower a facelift car by 5mm, this is considered the lowers you can go without needing adjustable rear tie-bars, many people will lower with a 40mm drop (20mm on facelift) and not put tie bars on but that will lead to excessive inner rear tyre wear.

·
Registered
10,704 Posts
Freddie , I once made the mistake and just went springs with OE shocks and just found the car to bouncy and it used to pogo around. My advice is go for a quality set of coilovers , you wont regret it.

Neil

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 2004 TT V6 was lowered as expected with H&R springs, ride is better as is handling and looks are dramatically better!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
geordiesherman said:
My 2004 TT V6 was lowered as expected with H&R springs, ride is better as is handling and looks are dramatically better!
I'm glad you've just said that geordie. I bought some H&R's for my V6 a couple of weeks ago and was gonna fit them today but after reading this thread yesterday it's made me think again. :? Roughly how much drop did you get with your's? I don't want masses but was looking for more than 5mm!

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
PeTTe-N said:
geordiesherman said:
I'm glad you've just said that geordie. I bought some H&R's for my V6 a couple of weeks ago and was gonna fit them today but after reading this thread yesterday it's made me think again. :? Roughly how much drop did you get with your's? I don't want masses but was looking for more than 5mm!
H&R will lower the V6 by 25mm from standard, the V6 has pre facelift ride height due to the lower sump

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
jbell said:
PeTTe-N said:
geordiesherman said:
H&R will lower the V6 by 25mm from standard, the V6 has pre facelift ride height due to the lower sump
Thanks jbell, I thought they were a 'V6 specific' drop when I researched and bought them but then this thread had me worried :lol:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
jbell said:
PeTTe-N said:
geordiesherman said:
Interesting that the V6 has preface lift ride height as standard, i have always thought they look high when seen in pics.... makes sense now :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts