Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from my previous posts where I have been trying to get LED bulb upgrades working in MY10's (where there seems to be a problem), I finally managed to find some H6W LED sidelights that will work just as the OEM bulbs with no DIS errors or abnormal functions.

Having been very pleased with Jon's service at Alltronix after the LED number plate lights I asked whether he knew of a H6W sidelight that would work in my MY10 and he said wait a few weeks and I may have something in...

I haven't got the full details, but I will get them and report back. However they are not prototypes so should be available.

First off here is my Philips Blue Vision upgrade sidelight bulb which was a step up from the OEM bulb, but still very noticeable compared to the Xenon IMO with a yellow tinge:

Here is the LED upgrade, which is a much closer match to the Xenon:

Philips Blue Vision again:

LED upgrade again:

As you can see the LED is a much closer match to the Xenon taking away the 'yellow' tinge that even the Philips Blue Vision gives. The pictures don't really do it justice as they have a blue tinge anyway (down to my camera and lighting I guess) so the LEDs look more blue than they do in real life, and the Blue Vision bulbs do not appear as yellow as they do in real life.

It's a shame I couldn't compare against the OEM bulb as I am sure these would offer a much bigger improvement again.

IMO these are a worthwhile upgrade. They are a closer match to the Xenons IMO, whilst cheaper than the Philips Blue Vision. One could argue that they are a little Blue, but as I said they aren't in real life plus with my lights set to Auto I never drive with just the sidelights on - its either DRL or Xenons.

I'll post up the details when I get them, and btw this is my 1000th post :D

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Info from Alltronix as promised "H6W off set pin fitment with a single SMD with 3 chips high power approx 6000k rated white @ £9.99 a pair"

Also I hear the MY10 LED Rear Plates are on order...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
McKenzie said:
Have you got a pic of the H6W Led's, just out of interest.
No sorry I don't mate - I did mean to take a pic but forgot - it basically is a circuit board with 3 SMD LEDs attached.

It looks a bit like this: http://www.2a4.fr/im/auto/AMPBA9SSMDW-1 ... 1d30bd.jpg but all 3 LEDs are on the top of the PCB pointing out.

If I get chance I'll try and take a pic at the weekend if you want?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Well it's just interesting the different design compared to what iv'e got. I have the single SMD chip LED at the front so I would imagine yours would be brighter. If you are going to take them out then it would be interesting to see but since you have to take the whole headlight out it is a pain. These are the ones I have got, http://www.xenonwhite.de/eng/parking-li ... -white.php
but had to modify them slight to fit right as at the time there were no H6W LED's with a check/resistor. Great price for the ones you have aswell.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I take them out I grab a pic mate or if you every are Dorchester way pop by and see for your self :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
ahaydock said:
If I take them out I grab a pic mate or if you every are Dorchester way pop by and see for your self :)
lol if you said that last night I would of popped round to say hi, I went to Bathampton and back today. Im sure I practically drove past your door!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doh! You almost certainly did lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.