Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the tt about 2 months ago and just worked out its only running fwd so checked the plug for the haldex and it was unplugged so I reconnected it and felt the 4wd working immediately however it feels like the diff is locked as I park at slow speeds the back wheels try and skip
I don't know if this is a haldex controller problem or the sensors that send messages to the haldex controller ? The controller is defiantly doing somthing as with it unplugged it's fwd and plugged in it seems to be purminant 4wd

Any ideas ???????
Cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the same problem mate looking forward to see if anyone has any info.
I'm led to believe its down to the controller and believe there is a modified connector type. At a hefty cost though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have no problem being in perminant 4wd but having the diff locked is a big problem for slow turns and parking. Do you know when in 4wd are all tt rear diffs locked or is there a stage where it's in 4wd but open diff ?

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
With the comp controller the diff is engaged all the time.
A 3 point point turn is better done in 4 now.
All TT diffs are open, its the controller that is not helping your situation.
Steve

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
transporterben said:
Yes I have no problem being in perminant 4wd but having the diff locked is a big problem for slow turns and parking. Do you know when in 4wd are all tt rear diffs locked or is there a stage where it's in 4wd but open diff ?
I have the HPA comp controller fitted and only find the rear axle locked up on parking /tight turn after a fast run. In normal street driving it seldom occurs. So this leads me to believe you might have a problem mate. I suppose you need to determine which controller you have - could a previous owner replaced it? - If its stock then further investigation is needed as you controller may be defective. (I have good one if you need it BTW) So a VAGCOM scan might help.

Its my understanding that the stock controller does not give you "permanent 4wd". Indeed, the HPA and other units only transfer more torque to the rear wheel in a more 'aggressive' manner the torque transfer or lock is never permanent in either case. The HPA unit keeps the rear locked during braking to allow greater engine braking but does release.

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know of a supplier of a Haldex diff lock device (eg electrical switch), principally for use downhill in snow, eg descending from ski resort. Name and indication of cost would be ideal.

·
Registered
196 Posts
transporterben said:
Vag com says
01234 control module for all wheel drive j492
49-10 no communication intermittent

???????????????
Your problem is probably stated as intermitent because it was unplugged so it was static and falls intermitent when you connect it back on. Try to clear the faults before reading them you see if it changes.

Anyways, when you have AWD but it's not liberate the rear at low speed, it's the controlled that is faulty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts