Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, called a few Audi garages today in Dublin lookin for Haldex oil for myself and my mates TT. Was told the oil is no longer supplied in tubs that be fitted in a chalking gun! Instead they are being supplied in 3 litre bottles. Anyone else come across this? If this is the case how do I get it up into the sump?! Was also told I'd need 2.5 litres for my 225...I've always put just 275ml into it..
Any comments appreciated..

·
Registered
84,380 Posts
Had mine changed in Jan got the oil in the tub that fits the chalk gun no problem from my local VW dealers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From memory those tubs came in 275ml? So how many of these were you putting in for a oil change?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello again, I'm a bit confused. People are saying to use 3 litres of Hadlex oil in a change but in all the online guides they seem to be using only 1 tub of the oil in a chalking gun (which is normally 275ml)...Can anyone clarify?
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I just worked out im on about gearbox oil :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool.. Glad to hear in some ways! So am I right in saying one tub of 275ml will be enough for the Haldex change?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Yeha me to bearing in mind I chaged it, was worring i managed the impossible and managed to get 3 liters in there :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
770 Posts
IRETT said:
Cool.. Glad to hear in some ways! So am I right in saying one tub of 275ml will be enough for the Haldex change?
1 tube is enough. Gun is not needed, it´s thin oil just push it in with something suitable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for reply guys..

·
Registered
343 Posts
TT51 said:
Anyone know how to get the filter out without buying the special tool. There must be a way :wink:
I think you can do it with pipe pliers but its fiddly.

Best bet is to grab one of the tools off ebay, then flog it for £2 less on ebay again after use if you are not gonna keep the TT for 20k miles.... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.