·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was an offence here too? Careless driving or something. The news report suggested deliberate loss of traction (whether that's drifting or spinning, who knows), but if it was deliberate I think he'd get done here (although maybe not so severely).

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
No, you wouldn't. There's no specific offence for it and it takes much more than that to get a Dangerous Driving or even a Due Care home. Inconsiderate Driving is perhaps the only thing that would come close, if you were making a load of noise for a sustained period, but that's not the case here.

There are powers to seize your car for anti-social driving behaviour, but even then a quick wheel spin on set-off wouldn't justify that.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

A "burn out" is how it has been described, and although Clarkson says it is impossible to drive the C63 without it, I am sure it wasn't a momentary accidental loss of traction.

Depending on the circumstances, I am sure you or I would have some penalty points for doing that in this country. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't risk leaving the lights too quickly with a police car next to me, nevermind doing a burnt out.

Maybe in this country the police would have shook Hamilton's hand rather than book him - partly because he's our guy and partly because we are kiss-arses when it comes to celebrities. Not so sure Schumacher would get the same treatment, though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592317.stm

Only the Australians would call a campaign that!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I like Webber's reaction to it in this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592317.stm

But Australian driver Mark Webber has defended his fellow competitor, saying his homeland had become a nanny state, with ridiculous parking and speeding rules.
Not sure if he said that on the day, or post race, as he may have felt obliged to offer an olive branch after ramming him off the track :wink:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
jiggyjaggy said:
If I was going out with Nicole Scheerwewerwerinzzzzererrer I would be doing donuts in a milkvan all day too :eek: :lol: :p
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think it's ridiculous, F1 has become tarnished with a somewhat anondyne reputation, I think seeing a bit of character in the drivers outside of the racing adds some interest, it's not like he did anything terrible after all.

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.