Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
i need to change both of my handbrake cables as they have ceased solid, (car as been stood 2 months)
i have both cables ordered and delivered but i cant find any info anywhere on how to do this properly.
i hear the bently manual is a good think to follow but i dont really want to but it just for that.
does anyone have any tips of maybe a picture of that page of the manual?
i know its cheeky... :)

its a 2001 180bhp FWD model.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot hoggy,
thats a great picture, just one question though, any ideas how i would go about changing them?
unhook them from behind the handbrake and from the rear caliper then pull the new ones through?
i just dont want to do and stuff it up and make my life harder than it already is!!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,347 Posts
Hi Luke, Never done it, but attach a length of cord to cable inside of TT before detaching. Remove old cable, attach cord to new cable & pull through.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
as Hoggy says........create a pull through situation as i do on every gate system we do for the electrics.
(Hoggs you are indeed a man of knowledge) to think of this trade secret

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,347 Posts
Gazzer said:
Hoggs you are indeed a man of knowledge) to think of this trade secret
Hi Gazzer, Trade secret ??? Common sense.. :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Are u sure the cables are siezed? And not just the pads stuck to the discs with standing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts