Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got delivery of my reiger front spoiler and i'm confused over the fitting - it does seem to be intended to bond over the existing lower bumper, however this means it sits too far proud of the arches and wings.

I could see you would probably cut away the sides of the original bumper - but that would mean there's nothing to bond to!!! Help! :cry:

(its this one by the way:
http://www.tuning.co.uk/rieger/media/00055101.jpg

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I,ll be watching this post with interest as I have an Osir one in the garage ready to go on when I eventually get my Reiger R-frame rear spoiler from the TT shop. :(
Just out of curiosity Scotty where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well you can forget about asking them for help. They are big pri...

Anyway. If the front lip spoiler is anything like the back bumper I installed, it will be a pain in the ass. For best fit I had to cut the bottom part of the original bumber and then with some custom made brakets, fiberglass and bondo, I made it fit.
Unless you have already worked with bondo and or fiberglass, I will recommend to leave it with a good body shop.

Good luck and dont let haters convince you not to install it.

Post some pics

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got mine off ebay - I recieved some instructions from a very helpful member last night, but it does seem a fairly skilled job to get it fitting perfectly....
I've scanned the pics on the reiger website and their demo bumper has had a lot more work done to it than a bit of sanding and cutting...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.