Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looked at a 2002 TT tonight and noticed that both headlamp lenses had what I would describe as "crazing" on them, kind of like lots of tiny cracks/flecks in the plastic - looked like it was more on the inside than the outer surface.
Is this a common issue at this age and likely to cause an MoT issue in the future? I'm guessing they're not cheap to replace?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Perfectly normal and it gets to a point and doesn't seem to get worse. I have never seen one that would be an MOT failure.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
stewbieTT said:
Just looked at a 2002 TT tonight and noticed that both headlamp lenses had what I would describe as "crazing" on them, kind of like lots of tiny cracks/flecks in the plastic - looked like it was more on the inside than the outer surface.
Is this a common issue at this age and likely to cause an MoT issue in the future? I'm guessing they're not cheap to replace?
Quite possible to sand them down using smaller and smaller grit paper then finally polish to restore them. Have a search on here and you find numerous threads on the process. Slow to do and a little disconcerting at first but persevere and they will look good when your finished.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts