Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Picked up a new head unit for the TT and have had no luck getting it to power up.
Its a Pioneer unit along with a PC9-401 for non bose.
It is currently wired up like the below. I find there are a few blue cables which aren't connected to anything. I tried connecting the blue connector from the red plug to the remote line which I have seen mentioned on here a couple of times. Any ideas?
There was also a straggler blue cable along with the lead which I don't understand where this goes.

Sorry I know it's been covered all round but upon searching I have no luck finding the info I need

The cabling in the car...

The loose blue cable...

Help!! :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Not going to be able to help you out guys, I may have to come on the forum in a few days as well, as ive just bought a headunit from one fellow forum member, good luck though, im sure someone will help soon,,

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pain in the arse! Had another look this morning and no luck. Tried switching cables etc. From what I gather the blue from the red connector does need to be connected to the blue from the system remote line.
Either way it still doesn't work. The car has a Parrot bluetooth system installed CK3100. Is this likely causing the problem?
Still no idea what the blue cable on it's own is there for either.

I read a few posts about getting a feed from the bus bar. How easy is this to do? I thought the feed was only necessary so the unit powers on and off with the ignition rather than run constantly on which is what some people find if they just wire the stereo up from the harness. I don't mind manually switching it off. I tend to remove the fascia anyway when leaving the car.

·
Registered
416 Posts
dont no if this helps but there is no switch wire there only perm. u need to get the sw from under the steering wheel panel. did mine the other day took about 30 mins but mine is a bose system.

·
Registered
416 Posts
tru using the blue and white wire from the HU (amp wire) conecting it to the blue on the red conector thats in the after market iso plug

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies :)

Still no luck. What it appears though is that the wiring on the Autoleads connector doesn't match that to the car.
I have seen a few people have similar problems here. This is the next step before it gets thrown out of the window.

Any tips of switching the terminals around? I have tried a pick but I am not getting them to budge

Cheers

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hurrah!

We have power! Followed a little guide here... http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=280369&p=2315180&hilit=mafz+noob+guide#p2315180 and switched the orange, yellow and red connectors around in the same way and the unit powered up! It also switched off with the ignition too :D

One thing I did find... the Parrot system doesn't work anymore when dialling. Im guessing this is down to the connector not being able to go anywhere on the new unit? It plugged in to the phone slot on the Audi unit
It's not really a big deal if I have to lose it but it would be a bonus if I could get it to work with it.

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
20 Posts
There terminals don't need changing round. I'd did this to match the original loom in the car. The 2 terminals that don't match up are for the canbus system.

On the pc9-401 loom take the blue wire out of the connector and connect it to the blue/white wire from the red connector.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345366703.156553.jpg

As far as your aftermarket stereo loom I had a double terminal yellow and single red terminal. I split the red and placed it into the yellow (see pic) put it all together plug it and tunes at last.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345367010.309659.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts